New Hotels

richyb83

Here is a picture of one I found. While the name sounds :sick: the actual look of the place is not too bad. It will blend in well with the new apartments.

I think your concern might be just a little late. All the hotels at the Sherwood Forest exit are budget hotels.

23431375zo4.jpg

vp-day.jpg

LMAO!!! I saw them building one of these in south ft worth off of I 20. Me and friends were laughing when they finally put up the sign. "value place" :lol:

This is the first I've heard of this project.

Bluebonnet hotel rebrands into Hyatt Place

A $3 million renovation has turned the AmeriSuites hotel at Bluebonnet Boulevard and Interstate 10 into Hyatt Place. Sherry Gomez, director of sales, says the hotel is being rebranded as part of a companywide effort. The renovations included remodeling all 126 guest rooms, equipping them with contemporary furnishings and high-definition TVs, adding self-check in kiosks and offering 24-hour dining, including beer and wine. "We created a new hotel inside an old building," Gomez says.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...007/dec/13/387/

I can report that they have put the new "Hyatt Place" sign up. I pass the hotel everyday going to and from work and could see them doing work but I just thought they were remodeling. I didn't think they were changing the name. Could be a good move for them.

Edited by twstdndmntd

Well not give it a big city feel but it definitely makes it seem more upscale with that type of hotel there. Course I am not an advocate of those short signs they are putting all over. I find them so hard to see. For me they are not "friendly" for drivers trying to find that certain place of business. Could you imagine if the Council had passed that ordinance a while back banning any signs higher than 8ft, what it would have been like driving down Siegen Ln trying to find the business you are looking for? Would have been a nightmare for someone that wasn't from here.

I love the monument signs. There isn't much that's less attractive than seeing nothing but powerlines and massive billboards and large signs blocking your view.

I don't care if it's more difficult to see, really. Either you are used to the area are you are not. It's frustrating if you are new to the area....but that's common practice in all the nicer cities in the country.

Parts of Baton Rouge is starting to look like Houston with all the damn signs dotting the landscape. That's not a good thing.

Besides...everyone has GPS now, and if they don't, they'll probably have it in their next car.

Edited by cajun

• 2 weeks later...

^ Yes it does!

This is more good news to see; with all the upcoming big sporting events in nearby NOLA(Sugar Bowl, BCS Game, etc.) BR area Hotels should see some larger than average crowds too :thumbsup:

Baton Rouge sees some spillover from N.O. hotels

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/12843282.html

Two major bowl games and a national convention have New Orleans

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like the Drury Inn off Essen/I-10 that's starting up. Dan had mentioned the crane that's been there for a few weeks.

Site work and new construction of a national-chain hotel in Baton Rouge. Design plans call for the construction of a seven-story hotel with approximately 180 guest suites. This will be a phased project. Construction will be completed by December 1, 2008.

*compliments of bidclerk.com

If it looks anything like this? It should be nice and compliment the area.

dismontexteriorwebmg1.jpg

I dont know if you guys have driven through laffyette, but the Drury Inn there is on the Interstate. Infact, you can tell the floor plans from there earlier hotels hasnt changed, same basic idea, but they have updated the facade. The facade in your pic Dan looks like its from the 80's maybe earlier 90's. So the building has remained the same, but the outside now has a more rustic look to it. I couldnt find a pic online though.

I don't know what it is about the number 7 ?? But 7-stories looks and sounds like alot better than 6-stories, eventhough it's only a one floor difference :dontknow:

Any new hotel development that's 7 stories or taller has my interest; 6-floors or below is not that big a deal. Eventhough the new 5-story Cambria Suites (nearly complete) looks nice along I-10.

Alot of new hotel rooms across the Gulf South since hurricane Katrina.

Edited by richyb83

The hotels just keep coming down the pipeline. How many more does BR need?? Hard to keep up with; I need to update the list. They are squeezing this smaller hotel into a tight space near College Drive and Corporate Blvd.

Candlewood Suites plans to build hotel

Candlewood Suites will build a four-story, 86-room extended-stay hotel at 5353 Bankers Ave. The hotel chain filed a building permit for a $3.2 million, 44,576-square-foot hotel. It should open early next year.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/13913882.html

• 2 weeks later...

"Hotel developer agrees to build in Baton Rouge

Bell Hospitality Group has signed a development agreement to build a MainStay Suites in Baton Rouge. An official with Bell, which is based in Oklahoma City, says no site has been selected for the hotel. Bell will build a minimum of 50 MainStay Suites and Suburban Extended Stay hotels, in 13 markets, including Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Lafayette, Lake Charles and Alexandria. Plans are to develop four hotels in Baton Rouge. All of the hotels will be under development by Oct. 31, 2009. MainStay and Suburan Extended Stay are both under the Choice Hotels brand, along with other mid-price facilities such as Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn and Econo Lodge."

Good news, glad to see the old ugly brown office buildings go! Wow! A 6th Hotel to go-up on Constitution Ave.?? Wonder what brand-name and how many floors??

Just down the street the 5th hotel; Cambria Suites is now going up at the apex of the sound wall along I-10. The 5-story 121-room hotel is one of a few currently being built in the U.S. along with Kansas City; Birmingham; Omaha; and hopefully soon in Shreveport. As of now 4 have opened in the U.S.

I took this pic thru the loop of a chain-link fence; this parking next door lot is gated.(* pic few weeks old)

jan08005dq1.jpg

Since the pic they have added the addition for the top corner for I'm guessing the logo?? I added this just for Dan :lol:

jan08004nv0.jpg

Pardon the trees