New Hotels

richyb83

Wow!!! Thanks for posting this Dan. How many more new hotels are coming..I need to revamp the list! How many rooms does BR need?? When I saw the article I immediately thought of the nice new(er) Drury Inn in Lafayette on I-10 near University Ave.

This should fit nicely in the Essen Lane corridor; with only 1.37 acres it would have to go a few more stories?? I'll be hoping for at least 7 floors.

The Montgomery hotel looks very nice!

The Residence Inn at Towne Center is now open; has the Hampton Inn near Siegen opened yet? Cambria Suites has been working on the foundation. Bluebonnet looking to add the massive 348-room Renaisance; a new hotel for the Mall of La.? How many hotels at Perkins Rowe. All the hotels going up at Howell Place. A couple more hotels for downtown?? Geez..... No wonder the Red Lion can't get started! :lol:

on that hampton....the core is done... the design is better den i thought it would be.....i thought it was going to be a small little box hotels....but it's wayyyy bigger then i predicted

Some say BR is saturated in hotel room, I agree, saturated in the same brands. Marriott is doing too much in this city. It would be nice to see some other brands locate here. We are missing more than a few, Doubletree has yet to make any plans to come here. Neither has Clarion, Cambria, or Staybridge. I can name a few more, but yea, saturation hopefully will mean better weekend specials!

It is becoming staurated isn't it? Nw alot of the exising hotesl are tryin to step up the anty. For example the Choice Hotel and Days Inn on Airline Highway have been repainted and I'm sure they've done some inside work. Also the The Unversity Inn is turning into a Red Lion and the La Quinta Inn has been repainted.

A Cambria is going up near the Holiday Inns Select and a Staybridge is going in the NorthGate Towers Complex.

Edited by dan326

It is becoming staurated isn't it? Nw alot of the exising hotesl are tryin to step up the anty. For example the Choice Hotel and Days Inn on Airline Highway have been repainted and I'm sure they've done some inside work. Also the The Unversity Inn is turning into a Red Lion and the La Quinta Inn has been repainted.

A Cambria is going up near the Holiday Inns Select and a Staybridge is going in the NorthGate Towers Complex.

Nice, didn't know that. Bring them on. We need some downtown too.

A spokeswoman for Drury Inns says the St. Louis-based hotel chain has purchased 3.41 acres of land at the Essen Lane-Interstate 10 intersection. Plans are to build a seven-story, 180-room Drury Inn & Suites at the site near Essen Park Avenue. No timetable has been released yet for the construction. The hotel chain is assembling five separate parcels for the site; the biggest deal, for a 1.37-acre tract, sold for $1.5 million. This will be the third Drury Inn in Louisiana, joining locations in New Orleans and Lafayette.

At 180 rooms this will be at least 5 stories. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Still another new hotel for BR?

Holiday Inn Select has bought adjacent land and is looking at adding parking and possibly another new hotel. Officials will decide in the next 30 days on whether to build a new hotel or not. Would this be another Holiday Inn Select? Would it replace the existing facility???

Constitution site sold for parking, possible hotel

The Constitution Place Office Park has been sold for $3.4 million to the owners of the Holiday Inn Select, who plan to use the land for additional parking and may build another hotel on the site. Executive Capital Corporation of Big Rock, Ill., bought the office park next to Ruth's Chris Steak House in a deal that closed Thursday. The park sits on a 4-acre site, says Hank Saurage of Saurage Commercial Real Estate, who brokered the deal. Executive Capital's hotel arm, Executive Hotel Management, owns the Holiday Inn Select. Ed Baker, an executive vice president with Executive Hotel, says the deal gives the Holiday Inn "a whole boatload of parking." "We have adequate parking, but there's not an overabundance, especially when we have certain events with 1,500 people," Baker says. Executive Hotel officials will spend the next 30 days looking at the possibility of building a hotel on the site. --Timothy Boone

I-10 is on top. Those are some ugly old two-story dark wooden office buildings; I was thinking they needed to be torn-down even before hearing this encouraging news. I saw the for sale signs in front of the property tonight. How many more hotels can that area handle??

North of I-10 across from the Marriott on Hilton Ave. is some prime vacant land. A nice modern mid-rise office building would work well there. There is also a smaller tract of vacant land to the east of the Marriott too.

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

Drury Inn applies for Essen permit

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/9898852.html

St.-Louis-based Drury Inn will spend $13 million to build a seven-story 180-room hotel on Essen Lane near Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, according to a building permit application filed with the city-parish.

^If this one looks like Montgomery's new one, it will look nice!

Wonder what's up with the 8-story Summa office tower nearby? Anybody know anything?? It should have started by now.

Edited by richyb83

• 1 month later...

What could these be? I think some of these are the same.

From Bidclerk:

"Site work and new construction for a hotel in Baton Rouge. Design plans call for a four-story, 80-room hotel on four acres. "

"Site work and new construction for a hotel in Baton Rouge. Design development drawings calls for a five-story, 55,000-square-foot, 100-unit hotel.

Construction is expected to commence in September 2007"

"Site work and new construction of a hotel facility in Baton Rouge. Completed working drawings call for the construction of a four-story, approximately 60,000-square-foot structure to house a hotel. "

"Site work and new construction of a hotel in Baton Rouge. Completed working drawings are calling for the construction of a new approximately 60,000-square-foot hotel. Plans are to include all associated site work. "

• 3 weeks later...

Well taking a ride down i-10.....The 3 hotels are Just About finished.........The Hampton Inn. and Red Lion are basically done just a few simple tasks maybe needed for them to be complete n open...Now on the other hand Cambria Suites has jus a little bit left but the structure is about done..u can see it from i-10..... but id rather them move some of that wall infront of it.....and maybe im looking wrong ..plz correct me if im wrong but it's only 6 other cities other then Baton Rouge that have Cambria Suites..

Edited by yis2003yis