French Broad Place, Brevard

orulz

Stumbled upon this one today.

Here is the rendering:

frenchbroadplace.jpg

And the ground floor site plan:

commercial1.jpg

And then the article.

This is a plan for four a four-story mixed use building at the corner of Broad and French Broad in Brevard. This building will have one story of retail, one story of offices, and two stories of (expensive) condos. This is right at the bottom of the hill leading up to downtown on Broad Street (US 64/276), across the way from Brevard College (where all those old strip malls are.) The site plan isn't perfect, but it seems pretty good to me. I like how they incorporated the bank into the ground floor, even the drive through.

Brevard has always been a neat town, and I'm glad to see some downtown development going on there.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost posted this info earlier. Great minds...

I haven't read about any NIMBYism with this project as opposed to what happened down the road in Hendersonville. Different local mentality maybe? Maybe since it is a bit shorter than what was proposed there may be the difference.

• 1 year later...
Stumbled upon this one today.

Here is the rendering:

frenchbroadplace.jpg

And the ground floor site plan:

commercial1.jpg

And then the article.

This is a plan for four a four-story mixed use building at the corner of Broad and French Broad in Brevard. This building will have one story of retail, one story of offices, and two stories of (expensive) condos. This is right at the bottom of the hill leading up to downtown on Broad Street (US 64/276), across the way from Brevard College (where all those old strip malls are.) The site plan isn't perfect, but it seems pretty good to me. I like how they incorporated the bank into the ground floor, even the drive through.

Brevard has always been a neat town, and I'm glad to see some downtown development going on there.

Archived