If you were rich

dtown

I would build my own version of trump tower for my city. I would clean up Tidewater gardens, a local project, and replace it with mixed income housing and a decent school with the latest technology. I would build an arena capable of attracting major league sports. I would widen both the downtown and midtown tunnels and pay to have the portion of lightrail that is not federally funded extended the rest of the way to the Beach. :shades:

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was filthy rich, I'd do something most New Orleans city officials haven't done or will never do, fix up the 9th Ward and other areas that were decimated by Katrina. Also, I'd give money to residents of Magnolia, Melph & Calliope projects to assist them in moving out of the projects and into their own homes, then work closely with them for 5 years in getting their finances in order. I'd do this for all people living in New Orleans' 7 housing developments.

I'd try to renovate most of Detroit's larger abandoned structures. But I'd think that would be a pricetag close to $4 Billion. And that's just the larger buildings lol.

I would also try to help put money into the Detroit schools which are hurting badly, and set up a scholarship system to promote good grades. I would also help fund neighborhood watch programs

I'd buy up a bunch of land around the lake, demolish the houses, and turn it into a big park/nature reserve with educational programs for children and adults and Maybe set up a large aquarium with fish from the area for people to see.

I'd also donate lots of money to the Downtown Development Authority, the public library, the art center, and the playhouse to promote art within the communities. Maybe set up a few nights where admission to all arts in the community are free like a "Night At the Museum" program or something.. that'd be fun.

Oh, and continue to fund tree planting and flower/gardening programs in the city.

Archived