Sleepless in Russellville

dunveth

Well, Starbucks may have overextended its franchise, but I am thrilled that a stand alone store is approaching completion in Russellville. Surprisingly, it is not near Tech, or I 40, but on Wier Rd. at East Parkway. Now if I could just buy a beer in this town ...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Starbucks may have overextended its franchise, but I am thrilled that a stand alone store is approaching completion in Russellville. Surprisingly, it is not near Tech, or I 40, but on Wier Rd. at East Parkway. Now if I could just buy a beer in this town ...

I took a stab at working for the new store that opened in Fayetteville, but I had to quit due to health reasons (not related to the store).

I learned some interesting information about Starbuck's expansion plans while I was there though.

In NWA, which includes the counties immediately over the boarder in Missouri, there are plans for 20 stores by 2010-2012.

In Central Arkansas, Starbucks sees that area as a 30 store market by the same time frame.

For reference, Starbucks is planning 200 stores in the St. Louis area by 2015.

These stores are designed specifically to NOT serve large crowds, although the drive-thrus (which are actually a new feature added this past year; many exisiting stores don't have them) add to the number of people served. The idea is that Starbuck's wants you to adopt a specific location as "your" coffee house, and they intended to build several so that everyone can have their "third place," as they put it.

I believe Starbuck's business model relies more on repeat business than getting new people to pass through the store, unlike a regular fast food place (quantity is usually higher with repeat customers, I believe).

• 3 months later...

Next month, residents will vote on extending a one cent sales tax for another six years.

Most of the money raised will fund road improvements, but some will go to a new 60,000 square foot convention center attached to a six to nine story Mariott hotel.... :shok: ...heck yeah!!...

"I think this is the greatest thing in Russellville in a number of years," Roy Reaves, Liberty Bank CEO says. "Imagine a huge billboard, 32 to 36,000 cars a day drive down I-40. Can you imagine this huge billboard of a hotel and convention center with the lake in the background?"

Right now, Russellville has a small convention center that can hold a little over 100 people. A new one would hold over 1,000.

The vote passed and construction should begin as early as 2009..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I havent noticed anyone posting the news on Russellvilles new Shopping Center..so i thought i would go ahead and update everyone on it...They have began clearing land for construction and its apparently going to be called "The Shops at Shilloh Creek"...i found this article from The Courier online...

Developer announces future Weir Road shopping center

Development could bring national

Archived