Greensboro based Market America has its eyes on competing with amazon.com

cityboi

headquartered in Greensboro, the multinational corporation is a multilevel and Internet marketing firm, which has 110,000 independent distributors worldwide (similar to Amway). Valued at over $300 million the company is planning to add 250 high paying IT jobs in Greensboro. The company expect to become a billion dollar company over the next 5 years. Its already international with operations and Canada and Australia and plans to expand elsewhere in the world including in asia. Looks like a fortune 500 company in the making. The company hosts its international convention at the Greensboro Coliseum. Market America's main competition is Amway, Avon and Mannatech.

I would love to see the company expand to the point they need a new corporate headquarters building, hopefully downtown. The company currently has a 110,000 square foot headquarters. A building of that size in downtown Greensboro would be a highrise. Certainly this is more good news of high paying jobs coming to Greensboro on the heels of Honda Jet

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2.../12/story1.html

http://www.marketamerica.com/corporate/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people well that are with Market America, and almost became a distributor myself until I learned more from a friend about how the company is run - and opted out. My opinion - MLM or not - is that Market America will never come close to experiencing even a fragment of the success of Amazon unless they hire an outside team to run the company.

If I remember correctly, they were also going to replace ebay with what they called America's Auctions. Oh, and they were going to compete with Vonage with their internet phone system, too.

Archived