Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smuggest

The "C" / Circle at SouthEnd by Crescent (Duke)

154 posts in this topic

The "C" website has come out with the new arist drawings... ugggghhh... It looks like the only retail is going to be at the intersection of Bland & South.

MOD EDIT: As this new thread was created with the release of the renderings, this should be the thread to discuss "C", as so many projects are now happening in the South End thread. Please see the South End thread for past discussion on "C".

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...5072&st=600

Thanks... very cool looking building...fits in with the rest of the industrial buildings around it.

Looks like almost the entire length of this 600' span of South Boulevard will be fronted with ... an 8 foot tall EIFS wall? There are no entrances and not even any glass at street level along South for the entire length of the building except the retail at Bland.

Does this require city approval?? This is a TERRIBLE waste of the prime property for redevelopment along the South LRT.

I like the Bland and South corner...the rest I don't really care for.

I stand by my previous commie-block housing comment.

There is a good article into's print CBJ about how many South End projects aren't meeting expectations in regards to retail....I would also include design.

Yes, looks like the "Corridor of Crap" that they mayor was trying to get rid of by having LRT built is now reinventing itself in modern form. I think its a cop out by Crescent Resources to not put in street level retail along South Blvd...especially when the developments that abutt this one both have street level retail. Total crap.

I prefer the grass lot, illegally dumped trash, and power transformers....at least that stuff looks authentic. :sick:

^Agreed completely. Just when I thought that anything could make a greenish-brownfield better.

It is places like these that in 30 to 50 years turn into inner-city crime infested neighborhoods.

Yes, looks like the "Corridor of Crap" that they mayor was trying to get rid of by having LRT built is now reinventing itself in modern form. I think its a cop out by Crescent Resources to not put in street level retail along South Blvd...especially when the developments that abutt this one both have street level retail. Total crap.

What can we do to urge Crescent to improve the quality of this project?

Looks like almost the entire length of this 600' span of South Boulevard will be fronted with ... an 8 foot tall EIFS wall? There are no entrances and not even any glass at street level along South for the entire length of the building except the retail at Bland.

Does this require city approval?? This is a TERRIBLE waste of the prime property for redevelopment along the South LRT.

This project is a complete waste if the only retail they have is along that corner. The entire frontage of South should be retail and stay consistent with the neighborhood around it. How is this getting permitted?

What can we do to urge Crescent to improve the quality of this project?

I prefer the grass lot, illegally dumped trash, and power transformers....at least that stuff looks authentic. :sick:

What's a word that means something between good and awful?

Oh yeah, average.

Surprised no one has made the obvious joke about it being bland on Bland. Oops, too late. ;)

I say go that far. :thumbsup: I think that empty lot would annoy me a lot less than a building this bad. At least there is hope in an empty lot.