Thanks for nothing, FEMA!

cocothief

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's important to note that while FEMA said the people of Dumas could have the trailers, FEMA clearly stated it would not be responsible for relocating the trailers, setting them up or hooking up services. Governor Beebe has publicly said that the state would take care of that, but still it's pretty crappy of FEMA to force us to keep all those trailers here and then pigeonhole us when we need them.

If I was the mayor of Hope, I'd think about raising the rent on FEMA's parking spaces. Or maybe Governor Beebe & the Legislature could come up with some kind of creative "fee" that FEMA needs to be paying for using all that valuable land and resources. An impact fee or something.

It's important to note that while FEMA said the people of Dumas could have the trailers, FEMA clearly stated it would not be responsible for relocating the trailers, setting them up or hooking up services. Governor Beebe has publicly said that the state would take care of that, but still it's pretty crappy of FEMA to force us to keep all those trailers here and then pigeonhole us when we need them.

If I was the mayor of Hope, I'd think about raising the rent on FEMA's parking spaces. Or maybe Governor Beebe & the Legislature could come up with some kind of creative "fee" that FEMA needs to be paying for using all that valuable land and resources. An impact fee or something.

Think about it. There must be some threshold before the feds step in otherwise anytime one house burned down they would expect FEMA's help. If people expect FEMA to show up and take care of them then why should they buy insurance? As for Beebe I didn't see him heading to Dumas right after the situation occurred. He stayed in Washington to attend some function before heading back. If you expect something done in a hurry don't put your faith in the federal government.

Archived