Local Brewing Companys

jfl25

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RJ Rockers Brews beer in Spartanburg that is available all over the state

Thomas Creek is In greenville and is available around the state

Blue Ridge Brewing Company is a Brew pub downtown and is only available there that sells growlers

Asheville also has a bunch of breweries.

Oh yea, and I brew my own beer too, but its only available at my house :)

I picked up a beer called "Charleston" before Christmas at my local Total Wine, and am now wondering if I'm going senile. I distinctly remember it saying it was brewed in Charlotte, not Charleston, but can't find much info on it and my TWM doesn't carry it anymore. Anyway, moral of the story is I've had local beers from all over the world and take my beer pretty seriously, and Charleston was a very fine variety that would stand up to most good beers out of Germany, Portland, Wisconsin, Belgium or anywhere else. Is anyone familiar with it, or where in fact it is made? Sorry to drop in the thread like this but you don't see many beer threads on UP and technically Charlotte would be "upstate"... :D

I picked up a beer called "Charleston" before Christmas at my local Total Wine, and am now wondering if I'm going senile. I distinctly remember it saying it was brewed in Charlotte, not Charleston, but can't find much info on it and my TWM doesn't carry it anymore. Anyway, moral of the story is I've had local beers from all over the world and take my beer pretty seriously, and Charleston was a very fine variety that would stand up to most good beers out of Germany, Portland, Wisconsin, Belgium or anywhere else. Is anyone familiar with it, or where in fact it is made? Sorry to drop in the thread like this but you don't see many beer threads on UP and technically Charlotte would be "upstate"... :D

They have a good selection, as does Total Wine, but it certainly isn't every beer in the world. SC even has a nice law that outlaws any beer with an Alcohol by volume greater than 6%. Cuts out some of the best beers in the world from this market.

• 1 month later...

I went into the club here at Dobbins ARB and had a beer called Woodstock Pilsner. Checking out the tie-dyed label and noticed it was brewed in Greenville. I took a look at their website and the company is here in Marietta. Must have been contract brewed (Thomas Creek?).

Not very good. Kind of skunked. Maybe why it was only a buck. :alc:

http://www.woodstockbrands.com/products.htm

Archived