Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Galley

Reedy River beaches?

7 posts in this topic

As I was riding through Cleveland Park today I noticed several areas on the river where there were small sandy beaches. The sand was fresh. Is this something they have done in the past. I've never noticed it before.

As I was riding through Cleveland Park today I noticed several areas on the river where there were small sandy beaches. The sand was fresh. Is this something they have done in the past. I've never noticed it before.

I've noticed these as well. Aren't they natural? :dontknow: They remind me of all the white sandy beaches on the many islands that dot Lake Hartwell.

I do know that the water level is near drought level already, probably explaining why you see these sand bars.

I do know that the water level is near drought level already, probably explaining why you see these sand bars.

Seems to me that I recall a "beach" type area at the park when it was first built. I can't say for sure though.

Are the water levels that low already?! What are the precipation forecasts for this spring and summer. Lake Marion seems abnormally high right now with the water running over its regular banks.