Motor Wheel Lofts....

LansingB

Hello...new to the site....

WEll, I am looking to move into Lansing (currently in EL) in July. I going to walk thru the MW Lofts on Weds., and was wondereing if anyone had any insight into these lofts, or suggestions for other lofts/apartments close as possible to downtown. The problem is that I have a dog (miniature dachshund).

Thank you in advance...!

Benny

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you've already seen their website, but: http://www.mwlofts.com/residential/motorwheel.php

You could also take a look at Prudden Place, next door: http://www.pruddenplace.com/

You could also try The Arbaugh on Washington Square: http://www.thearbaugh.com/

There are also lots of loft units on, and along the side streets of, South Washington Square.

EDIT: Just saw on their website that The Arbaugh doesn't allow pets, but pets are allowed at MotorWheels. Not sure about Prudden Place.

There are a lot of lofts avaliable to rent right downtown. I recently moved into the old Capital Fur building right across from The Arbaugh and I think there is a 1 bedroom avaliable in the same building. I would just drive down S. Washington Sq. and look for signs in the windows, that's what I did and i ended up with a 1600 sq ft. loft for $950

• 2 months later...

i don't recommend motor wheel. i live there and i love my apartment (notice how i don't call it a loft) but i'm really not too happy with the service staff. we have to hound them to get things fixed. things with the building stop working often, like the proximity cards to both the doors and the parking garage, the buzzer to let people in, the elevator and so on. on top of that, in the last week, there have been two false fire alarms. on the plus side to that, we now know the fire department has an excellent response time.

the apartments themselves are really nice though. i rarely hear my neighboors or people in the hallways, which is really nice. in my opinion, i don't think they utilize the vertical space ver well. maybe becuase they are rental units there are more regulations, but i'm not sure. all of the staff are very nice, but that doesn't really make up for things not getting done in a timely matter, or at all.

when i was looking for places, i also checked out h inc's other propery, ji case lofts. these were much more loft like. they were very dated looking though. think mirrored closet doors and rustic wood. also, you could hear other nearby tennants both from in the units and in the hallways.

i also wanted to look at the arbaugh, but the sales guy never called me back to schedule a time to see a unit.

maybe i'm just expecting too much from lansing. i moved here from the detroit area for work. there were a lot of what we like to call loftominiums there also. there are also what i would consider real lofts available for rent though. i would really like to see some properties like that in lansing too.

anyway, if you ended up in one of those properties, i'd be interested in hearing your opinion of it also.

ToastBandit, thanks for the reply. Ironically enough, I moved into the Motor Wheel Lofts two days ago!! I love my unit...and suffered through my first false fire alarm Monday night:)

I walked through the JI Case lofts more than once and loved them, but they were a bit out of my price range....their underground parking flooded out pretty badly on Monday too I heard.

I do like my unit a lot in Motor Wheel, and I agree noise doesn't seem to be an issue. In fact, I went out late the other night and felt a little guilty walking into the quiet building at that hour!

Thanks again for the time, see ya around..

• 1 month later...

LOL well, i'm glad you like it. :) i always feel bad when i come home after being out late too. it's always so quite.

luckily things have been going better in my unit now too. unfortunately, it took contacting the president of h inc. to get a working washing machine after mine broke :(

LOL well, i'm glad you like it. :) i always feel bad when i come home after being out late too. it's always so quite.

luckily things have been going better in my unit now too. unfortunately, it took contacting the president of h inc. to get a working washing machine after mine broke :(

Archived