Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSUBear42

IMAX Theater

54 posts in this topic

An IMAX theater will be coming to Springfield, the IMAX Corporation and Overland Park, Kan.-based Dickinson Theatres Inc. announced this morning.

The first theatre is scheduled to be installed in 2007, with the next three in 2008 and the fifth to be installed in 2009. Wouldn't be surprised if we get it in 08 or 09 then.... Great news though!

So would this be connected to the Bass Pro still or is this completely independent of that?

So would this be connected to the Bass Pro still or is this completely independent of that?

I guess we wont know until a formal announcement.

I just saw a picture of pre-rendering of IMAX Theatres... hee hee it's pretty awesome! I think they might have more than 4 auds room... :dontknow:

Here the pre-rendering photo for IMAX...

imaxspfd.jpg

One IMAX screen of 70 feet wide and 50 feet tall, and another 12 regular screens for first-run movies.

Also, good news folks.....

Bass Pro Shops & Wonders of Life might will have IMAX.

Wonders of Wildlife still is hoping to interconnect with Bass Pro, and it is investigating possibilities for a "large-format motion picture theater," Ellison said.

Is that the generic rendering? Or the one for Springfields? Either way, I like it!

Is that the generic rendering? Or the one for Springfields? Either way, I like it!

A letter from Dickinson Theatres:

Dickinson Theatres and the Springfield community have shared many a laugh and a few

tears through the years.

Our theatres brought Springfield movie fans the finest in Hollywood film fare through the

decades.

Today we are proud to announce our return to Springfield and this time we THINK

BIG!

Dickinson Theatres in 2008 EVENT-IZES the movies in Springfield at our fabulous

new IMAX Motion Picture Complex soon to be located in the South

Springfield/Nixa/Ozark Area.

Today's most popular movies presented Bigger than Life on Dickinson's giant, 5-story

tall IMAX screen!

An Audio and Visual entertainment experience of 70 feet wide proportions!

We are thrilled to be able to bring the Total IMAX Experience to Springfield in 2008.

We are Dickinson Theatres, Purveyors Of The Motion Picture Experience since 1920.

Rich in tradition. Excited about our future. YOU are part of it!

How about the lot where the old driving range was on south campbell??

How about the lot where the old driving range was on south campbell??

I really like that design, its really modern looking. I don't know why they would build it that far south, seems like an odd location to me. I would think that it would be somewhere off of National. What do you guys think?

A letter from Dickinson Theatres:

IMAXBuilding.jpg

I really like that design, its really modern looking. I don't know why they would build it that far south, seems like an odd location to me. I would think that it would be somewhere off of National. What do you guys think?

It almost looks like a Target. LOL :lol:

Yea, I thou about National, but.... Ozark don't have an access road to National, that mean they will have to go around on James River Freeway.

LOL, good one, Target.. Never thou about that one.

I think that big signs on the wall would be huge screen sign like on Baseball Sign, do you know what I mean? But I know that would be pricey like millions dollars.

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about this one. I grew up south of Springfield and the fact that it says "South Springfield/Nixa/Ozark Area" is really cool to me. My best guess is that it will be located along Highway 65 for the sake of accessibility and visibility. So that would put it somewhere either in Ozark or Springfield somewhere between Battlefield Rd. and Hwy CC in Christian County. My second guess (although much less likely) would place it somewhere on Hwy 160 between Nixa and Springfield (the closer to James River Freeway, the better (for business's sake)). And if they don't pick one of those areas, then I have no clue exactly where it would go.

I bet it will be on South Campbell, south of JRF, where that Driving Range (And future development that flopped?) was.

I bet it will be on South Campbell, south of JRF, where that Driving Range (And future development that flopped?) was.

I don't know, that is a pretty hilly site...I just can't think of anywhere else they would put it on the south side.

I don't know, that is a pretty hilly site...I just can't think of anywhere else they would put it on the south side.

How about Evans Road and 65?? Right outside of Springfield, that intersection is ready for some development, lots of new houses going up on Evans Road west of 65. See below:

imax.bmp.jpg

How about Evans Road and 65?? Right outside of Springfield, that intersection is ready for some development, lots of new houses going up on Evans Road west of 65. See below:

imax.bmp.jpg

That plat of land there to the left of the intersection already has a planned development, and the other side of the highway has no land to build so I don't think it will go there but who know's.

I thought that development wouldn't go any farther south than that area that has been cleared. Is there something going in where I circled in yellow??