IMAX Theater

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here the pre-rendering photo for IMAX...

imaxspfd.jpg

One IMAX screen of 70 feet wide and 50 feet tall, and another 12 regular screens for first-run movies.

Also, good news folks.....

Bass Pro Shops & Wonders of Life might will have IMAX.

Wonders of Wildlife still is hoping to interconnect with Bass Pro, and it is investigating possibilities for a "large-format motion picture theater," Ellison said.

A letter from Dickinson Theatres:

Dickinson Theatres and the Springfield community have shared many a laugh and a few

tears through the years.

Our theatres brought Springfield movie fans the finest in Hollywood film fare through the

decades.

Today we are proud to announce our return to Springfield and this time we THINK

BIG!

Dickinson Theatres in 2008 EVENT-IZES the movies in Springfield at our fabulous

new IMAX Motion Picture Complex soon to be located in the South

Springfield/Nixa/Ozark Area.

Today's most popular movies presented Bigger than Life on Dickinson's giant, 5-story

tall IMAX screen!

An Audio and Visual entertainment experience of 70 feet wide proportions!

We are thrilled to be able to bring the Total IMAX Experience to Springfield in 2008.

We are Dickinson Theatres, Purveyors Of The Motion Picture Experience since 1920.

Rich in tradition. Excited about our future. YOU are part of it!

I really like that design, its really modern looking. I don't know why they would build it that far south, seems like an odd location to me. I would think that it would be somewhere off of National. What do you guys think?

A letter from Dickinson Theatres:

IMAXBuilding.jpg

I really like that design, its really modern looking. I don't know why they would build it that far south, seems like an odd location to me. I would think that it would be somewhere off of National. What do you guys think?

It almost looks like a Target. LOL :lol:

• 1 month later...
Yea, I thou about National, but.... Ozark don't have an access road to National, that mean they will have to go around on James River Freeway.

LOL, good one, Target.. Never thou about that one.

I think that big signs on the wall would be huge screen sign like on Baseball Sign, do you know what I mean? But I know that would be pricey like millions dollars.

• 5 weeks later...

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about this one. I grew up south of Springfield and the fact that it says "South Springfield/Nixa/Ozark Area" is really cool to me. My best guess is that it will be located along Highway 65 for the sake of accessibility and visibility. So that would put it somewhere either in Ozark or Springfield somewhere between Battlefield Rd. and Hwy CC in Christian County. My second guess (although much less likely) would place it somewhere on Hwy 160 between Nixa and Springfield (the closer to James River Freeway, the better (for business's sake)). And if they don't pick one of those areas, then I have no clue exactly where it would go.

Archived