Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmccall

Skyscraper bookstore

5 posts in this topic

I was there several years ago and noticed a neat little skyscraper and building store in the Peachtree Center Mall (near the exit closest to the Westin). Is the store still there or was it one of those Olympic bubble retail opportunities?

Sadly, it's gone. I LOVED that store - it was actually the American Institute of Architecture's Atlanta Chapter store. I think it moved to Colony Square, and then closed if I'm not mistaken.

It was a AIA office with bookstore. They moved their office 2 or so years back to the Flatiron building & chose to close the bookstore. The guy who worked there was obviously bummed out, he rode the bus with me in Virginia Highlands sometimes.

Well, that IS sad news. I was in a hurry that day and said to myself,"I'll have to come back here one day."

This is by no means a swipe at the great city of ATL, but I get so frustrated with great, adventurous things no making it in ATL. The World of Syd and Marty Croft comes to mind, the old Rich's, the Coach & Six, The Magic Pan, Eatzi's. It seems like if I find something in ATL, I should make the time to enjoy it because it quite possibly might not be there when I return. :cry:

Well, that IS sad news. I was in a hurry that day and said to myself,"I'll have to come back here one day."

This is by no means a swipe at the great city of ATL, but I get so frustrated with great, adventurous things no making it in ATL. The World of Syd and Marty Croft comes to mind, the old Rich's, the Coach & Six, The Magic Pan, Eatzi's. It seems like if I find something in ATL, I should make the time to enjoy it because it quite possibly might not be there when I return. :cry: