Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine

Riverwalk Open?

16 posts in this topic

So is the Detroit Riverwalk entirely open for business yet?

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice, and I was thinking about heading on over to the D and snapping some pictures. Anyone is welcome to join me :camera:

I don't believe it is.

I'd love to join you, but I be at work.

Feel free to give me a ring when you're in town. I'll be working on my portfolio for a job interview on Wednesday, but I may be able to join you for an hour or two....

I don't believe the riverwalk is open yet, but I haven't been down there recently....

For Wings games I usually part at the structure just east of the Ford Auditorium right where the Port Authority Terminal is supposed to be. Although I cant say for certain, it did look like perhaps the riverwalk was open along that stretch. They had some extra fencing along the river, but it was dark and I had had a few.

I was just thinking this morning about going to check out the riverfront tomorrow. The weather forcast on the news sealed the deal. I chose the perfect day to take off from work!

No school and no work :) What time are you going, Ian? I might be able to join you.

Despite the fact that I know I'm not going to really start until the night before they're due, I have several things I need to work on, otherwise I would love to get down there. I haven't been since last summer.

Let me know in the future, I too have a car. I will bring my digital camera whose awesome mega-pixel potential far outweighs and overshadows my ability to use it.

My photos are worthless, my company lame,

But I shall share the enjoyment all the same.

No school and no work :) What time are you going, Ian? I might be able to join you.

I just walked over to the river, and it is absolutely beautiful this morning! The older stretch from JLA to the GM promenade is open. It is still under construction the the west, but it certainly looks like there is progress being made and things are nearing completion. I am going to belle isle to play some basketball now, and I'm anxious to see how Gabriel Richard Park looks since I was over there a couple weeks back.

By the ren cen as in the riverfront side? wintergarden? gm world?

It was the GM Plaza behind the RenCen

We were a bit late, we went up into the BC/BS parking structure, hoping to get up to the track, but that was a no go because it was still under construction.

The riverwalk is still not open, but we chose our alternative which was exploring the Globe Trade Co building before it gets renovated, and then the Dequindre cut, but we ended that at Gratiot because we were hungry and thirsty.

I was walking down Atwater today on my walk home from playing basketball (kinda out of the way, but I wanted to see the riverwalk construction), and the a construction worker told me it would likely be open in a month or so.

I was just looking through a Planning Commission meeting on January 18, and noticed that the Detroit EDC was requesting that for the Near East Riverfront zoning the height limit of 55 feet be removed that covers most of the district, and that the 110 feet height limit along Jefferson be removed. It looks like the commission voted to recommend that the 55 feet height limit be removed, but that the 110 feet height limit apply to the entire district.

Just thought I'd add that since it relates to the riverfront.

Zach and I will be there today at

2:30-2:45 by the RenCen