• 110 - 120: 75th - 91st percentile, High Average
    • 120 - 130: 91st - 98th percentile, Superior
    • 130 - 140: 99th percentile+, Very Superior
    • 140 - 144: 99 percentile+, Gifted
    • 144: Genius
    • 150 - 160
    • 160 - 170
    • 170 +

I'm sure most of the people on this forum have been bored and taken an IQ test or two. What is your estimated IQ? I set the poll at the 50th percentile and up, assuming that if you can work this forum, you're probably above average intelligence.

This site has the ultimate IQ tests:

International High IQ Society

You don't have to post your exact score, unless you want to show off. Just click the corresponding button. They say you should take several different IQ tests to get a true feeling of your IQ.

bellcurve2.gif

A few famous people with high IQ's

Al Gore - 132

Madonna - 140

Hillary Clinton - 140

Geena Davis - 140

Sharon Stone - 154

Freud - 156

Bill Gates - 160

Albert Einstein - 160

Quinton Tarantino - 160

Sir Isaac Newton - 180

Michaelangelo - 180

Benjamin Netanyahu - 180

James Woods - 180

Wile E Coyote - 220

You can join Mensa with 133 and higher.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how they calculated the IQ's of Sir Isaac Newton and Michaelanglo.

I find it humorous that Madonna has a higher I.Q. than Al Gore.

A few famous people with high IQ's

Al Gore - 132

Madonna - 140

Hillary Clinton - 140

Geena Davis - 140

Sharon Stone - 154

Freud - 156

Bill Gates - 160

Albert Einstein - 160

Quinton Tarantino - 160

Sir Isaac Newton - 180

Michaelangelo - 180

Benjamin Netanyahu - 180

James Woods - 180

Wile E Coyote - 220

You can join Mensa with 133 and higher.

it's indicitive of your rapid fire memory, which has an impact on brain power.

you're not graded on just your knowlege, but how fast you can answer questions.

though the general knowlege questions, have less impact on the overall score of the test.

it's indicitive of your rapid fire memory, which has an impact on brain power.

you're not graded on just your knowlege, but how fast you can answer questions.

though the general knowlege questions, have less impact on the overall score of the test.

Yes, but some of the general knowledge questions may never have been learned by the test taker, pushing their "test score" downward. That means those questions are more reliant on your "world exposure". Important: sure, IQ: no. Whereas the cognitive problem solving questions should be solve-able even if you've never been exposed to those types of questions if you have a high IQ. Just by the way your brain operates working through sequencing, spatial analysis, patterns, etc is the true measure of IQ IMO. ie: Having never picked up a book on engineering a pulley, can you figure out how a pulley works? Figure out the next sequence of 1, 3, 7, etc... If you can solve those, having never been exposed to those types of problems, your brain works at a high level.

But a question about "who wrote xxxx book in the 18th century about the yyyy war?". I don't care how intelligent you are, if you've never "learned" it, you won't know it. That just measures your memorization skills, not your intelligence. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Anyway, I thought it was fun. :thumbsup:

I got a 124.

I know I nailed just about all the pattern questions and the math questions. The memory one was pretty easy if you looked at one particular thing instead of the whole puzzle. Some of the questions about history, art, and literature were difficult. I felt I had an out on a few of them though.

Hmm, I don't know. I don't think I could ever do well on those game shows that ask you these types of questions.

It's not surprising that our bell curve is starting to settle at around 120 - 130 as the center, whereas the general population's bell has 100 as the center point.

gvsusean, I usually score between 139 - 142 on these things (but you wouldn't think it if you saw how badly I did in college). That TA3 one kicked my butt.

It's not surprising that our bell curve is starting to settle at around 120 - 130 as the center, whereas the general population's bell has 100 as the center point.

gvsusean, I usually score between 139 - 142 on these things (but you wouldn't think it if you saw how badly I did in college). That TA3 one kicked my butt.

I had the same score, friggin' patterns got me to. The one other IQ test I've ever taken did not have general knowledge questions. Is that common? Seems like fact retention isn't necessarily a measure of one intelligence. But then again what would I know I only scored 119, can't even join the club. Oh the rejection.

Archived