• 110 - 120: 75th - 91st percentile, High Average
    • 120 - 130: 91st - 98th percentile, Superior
    • 130 - 140: 99th percentile+, Very Superior
    • 140 - 144: 99 percentile+, Gifted
    • 144: Genius
    • 150 - 160
    • 160 - 170
    • 170 +

Got a 127 today, but I've done these before too and they do go up and down. They're fun to play with though. I've heard in the past they inflate your score a bit, just so that you'll feel better and hopefully purchase the product they're selling. As an experiment for myself, after browsing quickly through ithe TA3, clicking randomly on 50% of the questions, it told me I scored a 114. Either I'm a good guesser, or they inflate if you get a few wrong. Real IQ assessment should be administered in an appropriate assessment setting, where various distractions won't occur. I always wanted to take one, but didn't want to spend the money.

As it is, this is a good way to blow 15 minutes.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I took mine the testing room was flanked by Privates and posted at both entrances. While that was going on the Sargent (which I assume, by his insignia.) was walking around looking at people taking the test. Not inductive to a good test taking environment -- I remember some people being intimidated.

I remember I was given an 'official'(?) IQ test at school on a Saturday when I was the only one in the building aside from a couple staff. I've yet to be told what I scored because my parents didn't want me to get hot-headed. I also remember there were talks of bumping me up a grade at that time but it never happened because I didn't want to lose my friends. (Interestingly enough, I've only once gotten a report card with all A's and B's. There'd always be a C, D, or F somewhere. But, I'm lazy. =p)

I took an internet test once and I think it gave me a 120-something, but that was years ago and I really don't remember. Maybe I'll take this one and see where I land. =]

Archived