Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rizzo

Grand Rapids Flight

10 posts in this topic

WZZM is reporting that The GR Flight will acquire Maryland Nighthawks' Sun Ming Ming. :shades:

Ming Ming, 23, touted as the tallest professional basketball player ever, is the second tallest man in the world.

Free Beer and Hot Wings were discussing this this morning. Apparently he signed with the Flight. Now THAT will sell some tickets. Heck, I wanna go to a game and I don't even like basketball!

Free Beer and Hot Wings were discussing this this morning. Apparently he signed with the Flight. Now THAT will sell some tickets. Heck, I wanna go to a game and I don't even like basketball!

Well I don't know much about local basketball, but could someone please tell me what happened to the Grand Rapids Hoops? I had never heard of the Flight before I saw this thread.

Nice article Avocado.

What a waste though... to be that tall, and not be able to take advantage of the gift/burden he's been dealt. At nearly 8 ft tall and 400lbs he is a beast and plays guard! It would be interesting to see if he develops himself enough to at least dominate a minor league such as this or not.

Well I don't know much about local basketball, but could someone please tell me what happened to the Grand Rapids Hoops? I had never heard of the Flight before I saw this thread.

They went inactive several years ago, then the franchise became the Michigan Mayhem (Muskegon) for 2 years and are now inactive again.

because they play in a league that only draws a few hundred people, I thought they played at wyoming park and then switched to ford fieldhouse. I would think that an ABA or NBDL leauge would draw more intrest hence more crowd. Its too bad because the CBA was close to becoming a very popular minor league and almost a farm system for the NBA.

because they play in a league that only draws a few hundred people, I thought they played at wyoming park and then switched to ford fieldhouse. I would think that an ABA or NBDL leauge would draw more intrest hence more crowd. Its too bad because the CBA was close to becoming a very popular minor league and almost a farm system for the NBA.