Gville Smoking Ban

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...so right now, it is easy for non-smokers to "go somewhere else," as stated above.

It is easy to tell who allows smoking and who doesn't by looking in the window for a "Breathe Easy" decal. If somewhere allows smoking, and you don't want to smell or inhale smoke, then simply continue to another business.

The breathe easy list is out now http://www.greatergreenville.com/BreatheEasy/restaurants.asp

When I go out (w/in city limits) I'll clearly be "voting" with my dollars. I'm glad to see Handlebar is on the list (the listening room used to just be nonsmoking hopefully it's everywhere now). My wife will be glad Corner Pocket made the list so when she goes there for lunch ...

So are the places you visit going to allow you to breathe easy or not?

Were we looking at the same list? I don't see Corner Pocket on there. I do see at least two business that have been out of business for several months, plus quite a few fast food chains with numerous entries for their individual locations. There are also several places that only offer carryout (Dominos, Papa John's). Red Robin, Salsarita's, Cold Stone Creamery, Cracker Barrel, Panera Bread, Doc Chey's, and P.F. Chang's are not in the city. They are in the County. Same with Mimi's Cafe at 1133 Woodruff.

Were we looking at the same list? I don't see Corner Pocket on there. I do see at least two business that have been out of business for several months, plus quite a few fast food chains with numerous entries for their individual locations. There are also several places that only offer carryout (Dominos, Papa John's). Red Robin, Salsarita's, Cold Stone Creamery, Cracker Barrel, Panera Bread, Doc Chey's, and P.F. Chang's are not in the city. They are in the County. Same with Mimi's Cafe at 1133 Woodruff.

• 1 year later...

I just wish the county would follow suit. Quite honestly, it's an embarrasment to our region as we're always trying to fight negative stereotypes and smoking in restaurants falls right into the "redneck hillbilly" one, right or wrong. Most of the country is going smoke free in restaurants and I wish we'd follow their lead quietly.

I just wish the county would follow suit. Quite honestly, it's an embarrasment to our region as we're always trying to fight negative stereotypes and smoking in restaurants falls right into the "redneck hillbilly" one, right or wrong. Most of the country is going smoke free in restaurants and I wish we'd follow their lead quietly.

Archived