Concerts - Where Are They?

JRNYP2C

Linkin Park along with My Chemical Romance and others are coming August 8th as part of the Project Revolution tour, and August 1st John Mayer and Ben Folds (he is awesome!) are coming. I won't be in town for Linkin Park, but I really want to see Ben Folds, as I missed his tour in Chapel Hill due to a sellout in 30 minutes. It was ridiculous.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am going to the 311 concert with Matisyahu this friday July 20th........but the one band i have been upset about for a number of years not coming to charlotte is bright eyes they have come to carrboro a few times and atlanta once or twice but thats about the closest they come to charlotte! upsetting

So has anyone on here been lucky enough to score Smashing Pumpkins tickets for their residency at The Orange Peel in Asheville? Or know someone who lucked out? They sold out in less than ten minutes, I hate you if you do :tough: Pretty big coup for Asheville, the only other city they chose to spend a few weeks in was San Francisco. I guess there is a kindred spirit between the two towns. I did hear that a few area rock stations are holding contests to win tix though....

Ok, so after starting this thread, I have to eat crow and say that one of the names mentioned in my original post - Josh Groban - wasn't coming to Charlotte.

Well, they added Charlotte to the list of cities and the concert was supposed to be tonight. As my friend and I were walking up to the arena, there was an announcement over the PA system saying that due to an illness the concert was POSTPONED :angry:

So I get my wish, but then it is pulled out from under me. Hopefully, we can make it to the new scheduled date!

Thanks for the posts to this thread though! I am really satisfied with the dialogue it has brought up! :)

Tomorrow night The Clarks (a rock band from Pittsburgh) is playing at the Visulite.

Being from the 'burgh, I HIGHLY recommend seeing this group! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. The last time I saw them, they PACKED the Double Door on Independence! It was an incredible show! :lol:

Archived