Bike Lanes in Providence

mimesis

• 1 year later...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could it be true?

This, from the Bike-to-Work press release:

The City of Providence Department of Planning and Development has completed plans for the striping and signing of bicycle routes along many of Providence

It would be awesome to have the left lane of the BLVD be a bike/walk/skate lane. Two lanes of traffic are a total waste.

Not on the list but badly needing a lane: North Main St. The mellow slope is every cyclists route to Pawt and point N.

I am the guy on the bicycle cheering on the motorcycle cops that set up the speed trap at President Ave s-bound. The whole point of the intensive enforcement around the PARK is that it's a PARK. Even though it's over 1.5 miles long with no stop signs or stop lights, it's not a place to go 45 mph. The road surrounds a park. :angry:

You crazy hippies.. Half of you bike people just "drive" your bikes like cars anyway.. Bike lanes, that made my day, thanks... Its hilarious to me watching a cyclist obeying traffic lights and stuff.. This kills me for some reason..

When traversing the city jungle on my Kona, I never have any problems.. Personally, the sidewalks are more fun.. you can weave in and out of pedestrians.. What we DO need is a off road trail closer than illegal Arcadia...

You crazy hippies.. Half of you bike people just "drive" your bikes like cars anyway.. Bike lanes, that made my day, thanks... Its hilarious to me watching a cyclist obeying traffic lights and stuff.. This kills me for some reason..

When traversing the city jungle on my Kona, I never have any problems.. Personally, the sidewalks are more fun.. you can weave in and out of pedestrians.. What we DO need is a off road trail closer than illegal Arcadia...

Considering Blackstone bottlenecks into one lane when it becomes Butler Ave, it really wouldn't make a difference congestion wise to make it one lane the whole way. If they would take some of the useless 4-way stops off of Elmgrove then less people would use Blackstone anyway. Bike lanes please.

I mean how long would it take to get from Providence to Verginia?

Leave Providence spend night in Coventry.

Leave Coventry spend night in Westerly.

Leave Westerly go through passport control in Stonington...

It would take forever! And you know they'd make me take off my shoes off before I could pass through Delaware and I hate taking off my shoes.

I mean how long would it take to get from Providence to Verginia?

Leave Providence spend night in Coventry.

Leave Coventry spend night in Westerly.

Leave Westerly go through passport control in Stonington...

It would take forever! And you know they'd make me take off my shoes off before I could pass through Delaware and I hate taking off my shoes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived