Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Brass Bonanza

Newington Roy Rogers closed

27 posts in this topic

The Roy Rogers on the Berlin Turnpike closed down a couple of weeks ago, but there is already work being done on the building. Does anyone know what's going in there? It better not be another bank.

The Roy Rogers on the Berlin Turnpike closed down a couple of weeks ago, but there is already work being done on the building. Does anyone know what's going in there? It better not be another bank.

Hmmm...

Arby's is good!! I love their chicken salad sandwich. The guy could be right -- or he could be thinking Arby's.

JimS

There's a new Arby's already going in 5 minutes away in Berlin, no need for another that close when Roy's is so good...

Besides the restaurant in Newington, I only know of a restaurant near Buckland in Manchester. Is the Manchester location the last Roy Rogers restaurant in Connecticut?

I never thought Roy Rogers was all that great. I like Arby's though.....

Besides the restaurant in Newington, I only know of a restaurant near Buckland in Manchester. Is the Manchester location the last Roy Rogers restaurant in Connecticut?

Yes.

Pretty soon the only place to find Roy Rogers will be turnpike rest areas. I swear, that's the only places I ever seen them, besides the one in Manchester. Not bad food, though the last time I was at one (the Newark Del. service area on I-95 (go figure, rest area)), I plunked down like $11.

There are a few Roy Rogers scattered across the outer D.C. suburbs in Maryland. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

the only restaurant left is in manchester. the royrogers in north haven also closed recently and is also being replaced by an Arby's

the only restaurant left is in manchester. the royrogers in north haven also closed recently and is also being replaced by an Arby's

My assumption is, other chains just move in and take the property when there's nowhere else to go. Or Roy Rogers can't be doing that good.

Thank you all!

If you've got any vacant site tip offs, and/or historic images about any vacant/vital or relevant sites I haven't covered, send me an email at [email protected]

It's official. What was the Roy Rogers in Newington will be an Arby's.

I like Arby's.... Glad to see the store won't be empty.

Never been to Arby's.At least it won't be another McD, BK or DD,I'm sick of the same logos and trademark facades, and the idea of something other than burgers and coffee is welcome.Not that I'm a junkfood junky,Hartford area has some very good dining establishments which I prefer when I'm not in a hurry.

Arby's is pretty different, something other than burgers anyway. Not bad.

I can't think of any Arby's around here anyway, so at least it's something new for the area. There used to be one in the Richardson Food Court Downtown back in the day.