I feel old. :(

M. Brown

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neo, I can't imagine feeling old at 25. 52 here and I don't feel old.

I suppose it is all relative. :P

I've heard once you hit 25 things start to break and you start falling apart...perhaps the thought of that happening makes me feel old. Considering I already consume arthritis medication and doctor visits seem to be increasing for other system failures it doesn't help my view of being young at 25. I'm just waiting on the nanobots to rejuvenate me! :scared:

I suppose it is all relative. :P

I've heard once you hit 25 things start to break and you start falling apart...perhaps the thought of that happening makes me feel old. Considering I already consume arthritis medication and doctor visits seem to be increasing for other system failures it doesn't help my view of being young at 25. I'm just waiting on the nanobots to rejuvenate me! :scared:

Happy B-day George!!

An ever growing gut and some bad knees are what is making me feel older. But much of that is just not enough exersice which I severely lack during the colder months (I'm a wuss when it comes to cold). Now that its warm I should be doing a couple miles on the bike at least 3 times a week. I'll reply to this thread in the fall when I feel young again..... :)

edit: I'm 26

I used to hear that stuff about turning 30. I'm 31 and the only difference I've noticed as I get older is that my intensity has gone down. I don't quite have the edge that I used to, which is a good thing according to my wife. I'm more mellow and enjoy simpler pleasures rather than having to go party hard and do stupid crap to have a good time. I feel older after typing that. :rolleyes: I think it may be a testosterone thing. Although, I haven't gained weight, I don't have aches and pains, I'm still in good shape... Now everyone tells me "just wait til you're 40!"

For whatever reason, I actually joined here on my 26th birthday. I just had my 27th birthday 2 weeks ago. I feel old and fat. ;)

Neo... I don't know why, but for some reason I figured you were older. And George, I figured you were younger. Happy belated birthday! Pillsbury, we're the same age.

Just goes to show that you never know...

Is Marc the oldest member here (by age?) <--- that's a joke, Marc... well, sorta. I am curious anyway. I know you've mentioned being around during the Vietnam War. I really do wonder who the oldest member is. I believe Dan326 is the youngest, unless someone else is lying.

Edit: I just noticed TennBear said he is 52. Now I wonder how many members UP has who are 50+. Not that it matters, but it's got my curiosity up now.

I thought you were older as well, Neo, you are mature beyond your years! I shudder to think what I would have been like on an online forum in my early 20's, definately less diplomatic and more combative and acerbic (I only barely manage to avoid that now at 31 :blush:). I think the real "thing" about getting older for me is the odd envy felt when you see people younger than you who have done something you have not yet, such as a 25 year old with a successful, well run and valuable site like UP. ;) Or the fact that most sports stars I follow are younger than me, and it's only going to get worse.

I think the real "thing" about getting older for me is the odd envy felt when you see people younger than you who have done something you have not yet, such as a 25 year old with a successful, well run and valuable site like UP. ;) Or the fact that most sports stars I follow are younger than me, and it's only going to get worse.

The other day the wife and I had some folks over and were up till about 3 and were completely exhausted the next day. When we were 17 we would do that (and drink a lot more) and get up for work at 7 am the next day and do it all over again. How did I ever do that?!? (I'm 26 now)

I am 29 and I felt the shift into adulthood and a palpable difference right when I turned 25. Once I hit 27 I rounded up to 30 already! I am happy with my life and have never felt better. I used to stress about aging but it's inevitable and the most important thing is to live life in the moment and make yourself happy by pursuing your goals. Value each day because it's a blessing to be alive and life itself too fragile to be taken for granted or wasted feeling badly for yourself. I remind myself of this whenever I feel down and it works for me :good:

Archived