Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chatfim

385 Bill Morris Pkwy

9 posts in this topic

Anyonw know when the eastern loop of 385 is scheduled to be compelted?

They have just started the design of segment 3 recently. This is a 8.3 mile section beginning north of poplar and ending just south of macon. Judging by that I would say it will be completed in 2010. For some reason the state gave let out the other 3 sections and they are being paved right now, but held up this last section. The whole project should honestly be done this year.

I feel it should also be noted that the paving of the segments 1, 2, and 3 were delayed over the past 2 years because the state felt it was more important to focus all its time in completing interstate paving jobs in the nashville area.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/sr385/

Thanks - that's a great website - although I wonder how up to date it is.

Looks like its gonna be a while before they get 385 completed to I40.

Thanks - that's a great website - although I wonder how up to date it is.

Looks like its gonna be a while before they get 385 completed to I40.

The 2010 number is for the portion between Macon and Poplar. The segment from I-40 to Hwy 64 will be completed this summer.

I feel it should also be noted that the paving of the segments 1, 2, and 3 were delayed over the past 2 years because the state felt it was more important to focus all its time in completing interstate paving jobs in the nashville area.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/sr385/

It does seem like the entire SR 840 project was completed fairly quick. About how long did it take for that project from the beginning of construction to the end?

Only a government agency would complete two ends of a project and leave out 8.3 miles in between making the entire project useless. I guess if you are going from I 40 to hwy 64 it makes sense, but getting to the north east side of Memphis (can anyone say Wolfchase) from north Mississippi or the southern part of Memphis is a hassle.

Its obvious that only a select few have the reason why this project is not completed together and they are keeping their mouths shut.

Hmmm as I wrote that a question came to mind. Why not issue the whole project together as one large project? Then it occured to me that they didn't have the money all at once. Buying the project in pieces makes sense. And completing the section from I40 to Hwy 64 is a high priority (can you say expensive homes). I guess I answered my own question.

Damn - I'm thinking like a politician. I'm so stupid.............. I hate myself...........

Only a government agency would complete two ends of a project and leave out 8.3 miles in between making the entire project useless. I guess if you are going from I 40 to hwy 64 it makes sense, but getting to the north east side of Memphis (can anyone say Wolfchase) from north Mississippi or the southern part of Memphis is a hassle.

Its obvious that only a select few have the reason why this project is not completed together and they are keeping their mouths shut.

Hmmm as I wrote that a question came to mind. Why not issue the whole project together as one large project? Then it occured to me that they didn't have the money all at once. Buying the project in pieces makes sense. And completing the section from I40 to Hwy 64 is a high priority (can you say expensive homes). I guess I answered my own question.

Damn - I'm thinking like a politician. I'm so stupid.............. I hate myself...........