Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Chili Cook-Off

9 posts in this topic

Went to the Chili Cook-Off in Greer this evening. Large, large crowd! Very fun evening. :thumbsup: Lots of people, lots of chili and lots of beer. :) In addition to Bud (which was a sponsor of the event with all their brands), Thomas Creek was also there. Great to see. Anyway, a few photos....snapshots. Even though the evening was cloudy, people were having a great time.

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01432.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01440.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

I would of gone, but I thought John Cessarich would have eaten all of the chili by the time I got there, so I skipped it. :lol: Great pics, gsupstate. :thumbsup:

I was indeed a fun evening! But I didn't get into any of your pictures. The Chamber of Commerce and the City are putting on some great events in Greer. I'm looking forward to their summer concert series, Tunes on Trade.

I am on the commtiee that put that event together. We have our wrap up on Thursday to see what we did well and what we can do better next year. I fyou attended let me know your impressions and how you would do things different and what you liked and disliked about the event.

BTW, I think I know someone in just about each of those photos. I see two different Trade St. building owners in them.

btoy, you guys put on a great event! :thumbsup: Most enjoyable!!!

My only thought would be maybe put a beer station at the top end of Trade Street (there may have been one and I missed it), but all I saw was the Thomas Creek (midway down the street) and the Bud booth near the stage (this one stayed really crowded). Maybe the hours could be extended as well?

All in all, a great event!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

btoy, I agree that you guys (and gals) did indeed put on a great event! My only suggestion also involves beverages. I felt there was a need for more drink stands, both beer and soda, along the street. After all, some of that chili was really hot!

btoy, I did not attend, but I'd like to comment that if it were on a Saturday, I would likely have been there. I don't know the logistics involved in closing down streets in Greer on a weekend, but I bet it would create a large turnout. :thumbsup: