West Michigan Regional Urban Design Charrettes

Nitro

I guess this might fit in the events kiosk but I thought I'd give it a separate thread.

The West Michigan Regional Urban Design Charrettes (WMRUD) are coming up on April 12-14 at the Pinnacle Center in Hudsonville. It is open for anyone to participate.

This is a three day charrette that will target three areas (1 in Grand Rapids, 1 in Muskegon area, and 1 in Holland) that were submitted by an RFP process by the area's municipalities. This event is being hosted by the Grand Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and the West Michigan Strategic Alliance.

A blurb from our website............the West Michigan Regional Urban Design Charrettes being held in April (12-14) 2007. The 2007 design sessions will be presented pro-bono by local designers, architects and planners as a community service, in conjunction with the American Institute of Architects

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The call for designers is being sounded. Here is the link to sign up for the charrettes. http://aiagv.net/documents/313.html

This is a real meaningful opportunity to have a hand in urban design. The charrettes that took place in 2005 especially in the GrandWalk region continue to move forward and become important tools for planners and developers in the area.

Come lend a hand, give us your ideas, and make a difference.

Archived