Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swampfox43

Does this building look familiar?

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone else think this new skyscraper in Hong Kong looks a little like Charlotte's BoA headquarter building? I can see the differences in the crown but at first glance, it looks like our "big" brother.

Does BoA have a building in Hong Kong?

I can see what you mean by looking at the bottom shell of the building. The recessed corners, and the slightly curved sides.

Does anyone else think this new skyscraper in Hong Kong looks a little like Charlotte's BoA headquarter building? I can see the differences in the crown but at first glance, it looks like our "big" brother.

Does BoA have a building in Hong Kong?

I think it looks like a cross between the BoA and this one in Winston-Salem:

wswach016jh.jpg

bofa charlotte, the winston salem wachovia, and the first hong kong building example that swampfox gave - do all look similar. but, i guess they should cause they all are designed by the same architectual firm - cesar pelli. they do make some mighty impressive towers.

If it is based off the BofA tower in Charlotte, was the BofA tower a model for this tower?

I can't believe you guys don't know that building!!

That's 2IFC (2 International Financial Center). it's 1,362 feet tall and designed by Pelli....you know, the same guy that did BofA corporate. So yeah, there's a connection there. One could say that about a lot of Pelli's buildings however, like Key in Cleveland.

I can't believe you guys don't know that building!!

That's 2IFC (2 International Financial Center). it's 1,362 feet tall and designed by Pelli....you know, the same guy that did BofA corporate. So yeah, there's a connection there. One could say that about a lot of Pelli's buildings however, like Key in Cleveland.