How 'Bout Them Dores

Hankster

Congtatulation to the Vanderbilt Commodores for making it to the sweet 16. That's was a gutsy double overtime win they just had beating the 3rd seeded Washington State Cougars out west. Derrick Byars is a great player, and will be a terrific pro. Go Dores!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't agree more. They didn't play a good game and they still managed to pull it out. They are a team that believes they can and will win the close games and it really helps them in those situations.

A tough rematch with Georgetown coming up, but you never know what could happen.

On a side note with CBS' coverage....I got to watch the last couple minutes and most of the overtimes here in Raleigh because they switched from another game. It was very frustrating that they switched during overtime to another game. I was shocked when I talked to my dad that not only did the switch it here, but even in Nashville they switched away during overtime from the Vandy game to show the other overtime game (VCU vs. Pitt). CBS really needs to work on their coverage because there is no excuse to switch away from the local team's game when it is such a close game....

This is a thread congratulating Vanderbilt, a team that happens to reside in Nashville. Why on earth do people have to make idiot posts like this as soon a local team is congratulated on a job well done?

Nashvol, if it makes you feel any better, congrats to UT and Memphis for making the sweet 16 too (even though neither of these teams are from Nashville). I can congratulate all the area teams without having to put down any of them.

I too am glad that all 3 grand divisions are represented this deep into the big dance, but I would like to comment on Vanderbilt being Nashville's team:

Memphis Tigers - They represent 'Memphis'

Vanderbilt Commodores - They represent 'Vanderbilt' aka the campus off West End

Tennessee Volunteers - They represent 'Tennessee'

By logic the Vols represent Nashville more than the other 2 teams.

Same logic behind why we have the Tennessee Titans, not the Nashville Titans.

This is a thread congratulating Vanderbilt, a team that happens to reside in Nashville. Why on earth do people have to make idiot posts like this as soon a local team is congratulated on a job well done?

Nashvol, if it makes you feel any better, congrats to UT and Memphis for making the sweet 16 too (even though neither of these teams are from Nashville). I can congratulate all the area teams without having to put down any of them.

Archived