Justiceham

Here is a list of current and future retail happenings in the city:

Stones River Mall Expansion

The Oaks Shopping Center

The Avenues Mall

Three Rivers Town Center

Weston Park

Manchester Highway Project

Holrob Investment Project (Beesley Road)

South Church Street Project (Announced tenants are Home Depot and Camino Real)

North Memorial Boulevard Project (Proposed tenants are Lowes, Stein Mart, Publix, and a third Walmart)

The Paradise Shoppes of Murfreesboro

Will all ten of these projects be effective or will they only worsen traffic? What do you think? If anyone has any new projects or tenants, please list them here.

Edited by Justiceham

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with some of those proposals, but I think there's still a lot of potential for retail growth in Murfreesboro. I'm looking forward to The Avenue opening. I'm sure it will increase traffic on Medical Center Parkway, but that comes with growth and success.

Edited by Relient J

• 1 month later...

You know what, I think all the restaurants are in the second phase. It does not appear as if those buildings are under construction yet, and though they are labeled in the layout they are not in the list of retailers to the left. That would suck!!! Murfreesboro needs more places to dine and quick. Did I hear that Smyrna was getting a Dunkin' Donuts...that's awesome I didn't even know they were still around. Sorry that last part was random!

Edited by Predsfan

In Murfreesboro, Marymont Springs will start construction this summer. The development will sit off highway 96 and will continue the "New Urbanism" movement with a town center including retail, office, and residential space. No tenants have been announced yet but more information may be found at their website below.

http://www.marymontsprings.com/Amenities.htm

Smyrna will open a Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robins, Chick Fil A, and DQ Grill and Chill in the near future. The Bank of Nashville, Samuel's Bar and Grill and White Castle will also open on Sam Ridley. It looks like another Chili's will open in the Avenues project as well.

Edited by Justiceham

The Faison website has updated info on The Avenue as well. Haverty's, Old Navy, and a couple others which I can't make out. That means the current Old Navy/Linens n Things/Lane Bryant center on Old Fort is probably taking a huge hit from this. Hate to see that sitting empty. It also shows the Phase Two of the project which seems to be unconnected and on the parcel of land closer to Thompson Lane.

Yea, I saw in the Murfreesboro Post that they're going to have a Delia's and Gymboree in The Avenue.

I'm new to the area and so excited to have more upscale shopping choices without having to drive to Williamson county. Since I have young children, I'm really looking forward to Gymboree coming to the Avenue. Does anyone know if there's a Gymboree Play & Learn coming, too? My toddlers need some structured activities to keep them busy!

I have not heard about anything else, but me and my wife are expecting our first child next month and we are thrilled that there will be more choices. We love Carter's but the current location is HORRIBLE! Anxious to see what all will eventually go in. Exactly what is Gymboree Play & Learn. My wife knows more about these stores than I do.

I have not heard about anything else, but me and my wife are expecting our first child next month and we are thrilled that there will be more choices. We love Carter's but the current location is HORRIBLE! Anxious to see what all will eventually go in. Exactly what is Gymboree Play & Learn. My wife knows more about these stores than I do.

Gymboree Play & Learn is an indoor playplace for smaller kids, under 5 I think. They have structured classes separated by age groups. My friends keep telling me that need to enroll my twins, but the closest I found is in Cool Springs and I just don't want to drive that far each week. Congrats on the baby!!! :)

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but it looks as if this project has already expanded. It was originally only supposed to be 810,000 SF, but the Faiso page says there will be 1.4 million square feet. That is an extra 600,000 square feet than originally told. It also looks like the Phase II map is possibly showing a Phase III for across the street. I can't wait!!!

• 1 month later...

Erin Edgemon of The Murfreesboro Post published an article mentioning new retail developments at Medical Center Parkway/Thompson Lane. Among some of the notable announcements:

* The large building going up in The Oaks Shopping Center is a Stein Mart.

* The building going up behind (in front of?) Carrabba's is a Verizon Wireless store.

* Two new retail sites are going up across Thompson Lane from the Oaks. The one in front of The Chop House will house an AT&T Mobility store and more.

The article, which features more detailed information, can be found here:

http://murfreesboropost.com/news.php?viewStory=5684

What I would like to see is a Whole Foods down here. I am sick of driving to Nashville to Wild Oats. My friend is allergic to most food at Kroger & Publix. I love shopping at Whole Foods when I visit other cities. The food tastes so much better. Smells fresher, too. Maybe I should start a petition.

Or, I would love to see some nice facility with walls and a roof to support a local farmer's market. I hear Murfreesboro used to have a Farmer's market near Cannonsburg, but I've never seen it operating.

What I would like to see is a Whole Foods down here. I am sick of driving to Nashville to Wild Oats. My friend is allergic to most food at Kroger & Publix. I love shopping at Whole Foods when I visit other cities. The food tastes so much better. Smells fresher, too. Maybe I should start a petition.

Or, I would love to see some nice facility with walls and a roof to support a local farmer's market. I hear Murfreesboro used to have a Farmer's market near Cannonsburg, but I've never seen it operating.

I would join your petiton as I see there is a definite need for a this type of store here. I, too, am tired of wasting gas goint to Wild Oats. I wish the council would get on the ball and realize that Whole Foods is not some far fetched idea that is only for rich people that "would like the option" to buy whole foods. My bf has a gluten intolerance and I only prepare whole foods, myself. The gluten-free products at Kroger taste terrible. However, the brand Glutino may only be purchased at Wild Oats/Whole Foods. These stores encourage local home grown products and even hold their own Farmer's Markets. Murfreesboro has talked for years about building a new Farmer's Market and Community Center on John Rice Boulevard but no action has been taken.

My friend is anaphylactic to milk, meaning if she has a tiny little bit of milk or a milk derivative in her food, she winds up at the ER, because her throat closes up. Trust me if she could shop at Kroger, she would. FYI, the brands of fresh chicken that Kroger carries are injected with milk derivatives & the fresh fruit is injected with high fructose corn syrup so that the fruit looks better, longer. High fructose corn syrup is not a milk derivative, but that fact still strikes me as unappetizing. Apparently, these practices are standard for grocery chains. She has to buy free range chicken that hasn't been injected with milk derivatives and fresh bison (her body does not tolerate beef) from Wild Oats. If you ever get the chance to go to a Whole Foods store, go. The food is so much more flavorful than what Kroger, Publix and Food Lion, and Jr's Market offers. You will be an instant convert, trust me.

Thanks for the info on the Farmer's Market, however, I work full-time, (as does my friend) so I wouldn't be able to get food on Tues or Friday mornings.

Yay, one petition signer already!