Las Vegas Tower

TONYCLT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project was announced a few months ago.

SSC has has this topic since it was announced, But I do know that they have started to do site prep. for the upcoming vote to see if the project will get final approval. The only problem that I heard of is the FAA has a issue of height because of it's location to McCarran International Airport.

Las Vegas Tower

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Nothing really that new on this one except a name change instead of Las Vegas tower it will be called Crown Las Vegas and the floor count has been bumped up to 142 but the height will stay the same at 1,888 ft.

Here is a rendering of the proposed Crown Las Vegas Tower

lvt.jpg

Here is a size comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree. At the price they pay per acre on the Strip, there is a TON of real estate that could be redeveloped around the strip. I think it will go up do to vanity (and the fact that almost everything built in Vegas is successful), but I still think there is plenty of space for infill. :)

Very cool tower. Las Vegas has no where to go but up. I expect we will see more and more tall boys going up here.

• 4 months later...

Well bad news about this project, the FAA has stated that anything over 700 feet on the site chosen for the tower would constitute a hazard. On October 24 the FAA denied the project, deeming that the tower was a "hazard to aviation". As per Clark County building code if the FAA denies the proposal because of height the project can't be built. But there are plans to resubmit the project, with a new height of 1,150 feet.

• 1 month later...

Great news on this project the tower was officially approved for construction on December 6, 2007 with a height of 1,064 feet making it the second tallest structure in Nevada. This project will cost around 5 billion and will be completed by 2012.

• 2 months later...

wow what's the status on this? any plans for the twin tower yet? Will the revised tower just be a scaled down version of the original? Or does it have a completely new look, and have they broken ground yet?

Archived