Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TONYCLT

Las Vegas Tower

24 posts in this topic

1,888 ft 134 floor tower to be built in Las Vegas at that height it would become the second tallest if the Chicago spire is also built. Groundbreaking fo the tower is set for 2007 with a completion date set for 2011.

This project was announced a few months ago.

SSC has has this topic since it was announced, But I do know that they have started to do site prep. for the upcoming vote to see if the project will get final approval. The only problem that I heard of is the FAA has a issue of height because of it's location to McCarran International Airport.

Las Vegas Tower

Yes, this has been out on the news for a while now. And it is atrocious, inappropriate and out of scale, but I like it anyway (for Las Vegas, mind you). Are we seeing the first of the human arcologies? There's an SC2K inspired term for you...

Here is some more information about the tower. There's a link on that page to view the tower in scale with the other "tall" buildings in Las Vegas.

I guess a lot of Chicago loyalists are upset about this. :whistling:

More then double anything else on the strip.

It kind of reminds me of a gray bomb pop.

With all te design talent in Las Vegas they could have come up with a supertall design like the towers in Dubai.

^i agree, it is really ugly building, the height will be amazing in person, but the building I have a feeling wont be.

Hopefully while they are waiting for FAA approval they will redesign the tower.

Very cool tower. Las Vegas has no where to go but up. I expect we will see more and more tall boys going up here.

Nothing really that new on this one except a name change instead of Las Vegas tower it will be called Crown Las Vegas and the floor count has been bumped up to 142 but the height will stay the same at 1,888 ft.

Here is a rendering of the proposed Crown Las Vegas Tower

lvt.jpg

Here is a size comparison.

With all te design talent in Las Vegas they could have come up with a supertall design like the towers in Dubai.

I like it actaully. I'm sure it will look best at night, that's when Las Veags shows it's true colors. :D

I disagree. At the price they pay per acre on the Strip, there is a TON of real estate that could be redeveloped around the strip. I think it will go up do to vanity (and the fact that almost everything built in Vegas is successful), but I still think there is plenty of space for infill. :)

Very cool tower. Las Vegas has no where to go but up. I expect we will see more and more tall boys going up here.

Well bad news about this project, the FAA has stated that anything over 700 feet on the site chosen for the tower would constitute a hazard. On October 24 the FAA denied the project, deeming that the tower was a "hazard to aviation". As per Clark County building code if the FAA denies the proposal because of height the project can't be built. But there are plans to resubmit the project, with a new height of 1,150 feet.

Great news on this project the tower was officially approved for construction on December 6, 2007 with a height of 1,064 feet making it the second tallest structure in Nevada. This project will cost around 5 billion and will be completed by 2012.

Is there a new rendering? Will this be mostly condos? $5 billion is a lot of money to invest for a trophy. I'd love to know more about the project.

Is there a new rendering? Will this be mostly condos? $5 billion is a lot of money to invest for a trophy. I'd love to know more about the project.

I suppose that the demand for rooms will continue as older hotels are pushed out of the picture. As they get larger, however, a saturation point will have to appear at some time in the near future.

I suppose that the demand for rooms will continue as older hotels are pushed out of the picture. As they get larger, however, a saturation point will have to appear at some time in the near future.

wow what's the status on this? any plans for the twin tower yet? Will the revised tower just be a scaled down version of the original? Or does it have a completely new look, and have they broken ground yet?

The developer of this project canceled it and put the property up for sale.