EAKIN PARTNERS: Two Towers

MidTenn1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No...sorry...I meant to say the condo tower. Someone close to the developer (sorry, don't know the developer's name) that is working very, very closely with them says they will wait until they sell out the Adelicia and will also wait to see how sales go on all of the other Gulch projects before breaking ground.

Of course, I know this can change in a heartbeat, but this person says it will probably be at least 2 years from now before they break ground on their project, which I assume is the condo portion since they developed Adelicia.

I asked this person twice if they were talking about the project where the tire store is...they said "yes, the 20 story office tower and 22 story condo tower with retail."

How likely is the commerical tower? Landing a tenant is the big thing. Nissan moves out of the BellSouth/AT&T tower at the end of the year unless they have fallen behind on their building. It was rumored a year and a half ago that BellSouth was looking to move out to Cool Springs in 2008 as well, which would have meant breaking their lease, but then the whole AT&T thing went down and there has been no more word of that, and they seem commited to staying in Nashville. Anyway, the first 16 floors will be open once Nissan moves out, actually 15 1/2 cause 16 is a big lunch room.

AT&T tower (Nissan Section) possibly Palmer's tower, the Wachovia building, and some floors in the Suntrust Tower needs leases, oh and the Eakin Tower. Is Pinnacle all leased up or is there room in there too?

Lots of Class A Space in the near future.

How likely is the commerical tower? Landing a tenant is the big thing. Nissan moves out of the BellSouth/AT&T tower at the end of the year unless they have fallen behind on their building. It was rumored a year and a half ago that BellSouth was looking to move out to Cool Springs in 2008 as well, which would have meant breaking their lease, but then the whole AT&T thing went down and there has been no more word of that, and they seem commited to staying in Nashville. Anyway, the first 16 floors will be open once Nissan moves out, actually 15 1/2 cause 16 is a big lunch room.

AT&T tower (Nissan Section) possibly Palmer's tower, the Wachovia building, and some floors in the Suntrust Tower needs leases, oh and the Eakin Tower. Is Pinnacle all leased up or is there room in there too?

Lots of Class A Space in the near future.

Talking to a few of the guys at the forum meet it was discussed that the At&T building is no longer considered Class A space because the floor plate is too small. There of course is the office building that will start in the spring at the Lionstone property that already has a main tenant with Swensson and Asst. and dont forget that 1st Tn is looking for a new office building as they are spread out over three locations DT adn Midtown. Remember they will want naming rights. Office buildings such as 1808 West End are being converted to a hotel as was the Hotel Indigo. Those folks went somewhere. Nashville is still on the radar screens of a number of companies according to the chamber. You could always have a situation of reverse flight back into the DT because of it being central to the area. That will eventually start to hurt Cool Springs and Hendersonville as they are just too far out. I have a friend that works for a company in Metro Center that for a time had for a time moved offices to Cool Springs and they had people quiting because it was too far out. So this is a retention problem for some companies as well.

Dave provided a rendering a long time ago, but that picture is no longer being hosted when searched and found his old post.

Maybe he could post it again for us if he still has it. :) If Dave does post it I will split this thread so folks can continue to discuss CC2 there and not take away from this subject.

Talking to a few of the guys at the forum meet it was discussed that the At&T building is no longer considered Class A space because the floor plate is too small. There of course is the office building that will start in the spring at the Lionstone property that already has a main tenant with Swensson and Asst. and dont forget that 1st Tn is looking for a new office building as they are spread out over three locations DT adn Midtown. Remember they will want naming rights. Office buildings such as 1808 West End are being converted to a hotel as was the Hotel Indigo. Those folks went somewhere. Nashville is still on the radar screens of a number of companies according to the chamber. You could always have a situation of reverse flight back into the DT because of it being central to the area. That will eventually start to hurt Cool Springs and Hendersonville as they are just too far out. I have a friend that works for a company in Metro Center that for a time had for a time moved offices to Cool Springs and they had people quiting because it was too far out. So this is a retention problem for some companies as well.

Richard, not to promote one of the Tennessean's rivals, but there was a periodical that recently headlined some $5 billion in corporate expansions and relocations to the area. As I recall, this info came from the CofC. Question: Do you have any information you can share on what type of industries they are, and/or how likely they are to pull the trigger, and/or their interest in downtown or elsewhere? Is there any cooperation between the various local Chambers in the Nashville area?

Also, I sincerely do not want to bash your new employer, but I want to point out that an article from the online Tennessean today has a headline about Nashville's workforce growing enough to support future business demand. But the accompanying article was only about a company called Servicesource that is opening an operation in Nashville. Also, FYI: the new website is so cluttered and (hence) difficult to navigate. While I don't subscribe to the print Tennessean here in Atlanta, I check it online quite regularly. The new site is (IMO) a step backward.

Richard, not to promote one of the Tennessean's rivals, but there was a periodical that recently headlined some $5 billion in corporate expansions and relocations to the area. As I recall, this info came from the CofC. Question: Do you have any information you can share on what type of industries they are, and/or how likely they are to pull the trigger, and/or their interest in downtown or elsewhere? Is there any cooperation between the various local Chambers in the Nashville area?

Also, I sincerely do not want to bash your new employer, but I want to point out that an article from the online Tennessean today has a headline about Nashville's workforce growing enough to support future business demand. But the accompanying article was only about a company called Servicesource that is opening an operation in Nashville. Also, FYI: the new website is so cluttered and (hence) difficult to navigate. While I don't subscribe to the print Tennessean here in Atlanta, I check it online quite regularly. The new site is (IMO) a step backward.

^ Really? I didn't know that.

I was given the impression that the two corner buildings would have needed to go for CC2 to have been built, with their only saving grace being that the project never went forward.

If CC2 were ever revived it is great to know that those two historic structures on Chuch Street wouldn't have to go.

• 2 months later...

Noticed today they seemed to be putting up a chain link fence around the property. Or at least the poles for one. Didnt see them pouring any concrete tho.

Not sure if this is a good sign or bad sign? Those poles seem more permanent than what is used for fences around other projects in the city...

I take it that the office tower and the condo tower are two separate entities? I've been told by a developer on the condo portion that they're probably a year or two away from starting that...which means it may never get built if the condo market doesn't improve soon.

I think that the office portion will start before the condo portion, but I would not count out the condos so fast. The Nashville area home and condo prices are actually up over last year. There was an article I read in the NBJ, I think, that home prices in Nashville were up to an average of 183,000 and condos were up as well but not that high. The market seems to have settled some in the past few weeks. I would bet that you will see a start up in condo construction in the DT sector by next summer, so this project will probably be OK.

When I dropped my wife off at work this morning, I noticed demo had begun a little. This afternoon, 1/5 buildings was demo'd totally, the one at the corner of Demonbreun exit ramp and Demonbreun. I give it about three to six weeks to completely finish demo, and hopefully start digging shortly there after.

Archived