EAKIN PARTNERS: Two Towers

MidTenn1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but as per a tennessean's article today on the gultch:

"A 28 story condo tower planned for the site of an old tire store on demonbreun will have to wait for the condo market to absorb 'quite a few units', developer Ray Hensler of Corner Realty Partners said recently. Construction may have to wait until 2010 he said."

Looks like this might be a ways off yet...

Demolition work is moving nicely along. Looks like all they have left is foundation work before it's an empty lot for who knows how long. I'm thinking the faster adelica sells out, coupled with how ICON and Terrazo do when they open, will get this moving along faster. With all the retail expecting to move into the gultch and with the gultch becoming a destination shopping point in Tennessee, it would make sense to go after a company in the service (retail) industry to fill the office portion. Whatever gets this moving.

Maybe this project along with WES can weather the "storm", but who knows how long this crap is going to last. I just heard last night on the news that the gov. is cutting the state budget again. I would hate to see these projects not make it.

• 1 month later...

Friends,

This sign does not necessarily mean anything. Eakin and Corner Realty will be very deliberate and not start on the twin towers until market forces are healthier. I would expect a groundbreaking no earlier than a year from now. But these two developers are strong and can make things happen eventually.

ESU/William Williams

• 3 weeks later...
I think this is on Broadway, a block from the roundabout, where the pink shop is. There was a story about an 18 story condo going up on that lot about a year ago. If it has any height, it will stand out in that location.

It will be a block away from the proposed Palmer Plaza, which by the way, Palmer was supposed to get new bids on his redesigned project, last month. So if that gets started also, the Broadway - West End split could look quite impressive. Dare we say three 20+ story buildings.

This is he property on the corner of 17th and Broadway where the Sub Stop is. This was announced over a year ago before the market went south and several of us figured it was dead. I am not going to say its not until the earth starts turning and the crane comes on site.

Archived