Mother of drunk driver sues Coors

Guest donaltopablo

Guest donaltopablo

I gotta say, although I think the beer companies could do a better job of avoiding suggestive ads that appeal to minors, this sounds foolish. I think it's even worse than she is sueing the GF and her mother because her son got drunk and drove. Personally, I think at 19 he is old enough to accept responsbility for his actions and his mom shouldn't have brought the case. What does everyone else think?

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The mother of a 19-year-old killed in a traffic accident is suing Coors Brewing Co., claiming that it promotes underage drinking.

Jodie Pisco, of Reno, contends Coors has failed in its duty to protect the country's youth from drinking. Her son, Ryan, was killed in 2002 after he drank Coors at a party and drove his girlfriend's car into a light pole at 90 mph, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Washoe County District Court, seeks unspecified damages. It accused Coors of "glorifying a culture of youth, sex and glamour while hiding the dangers of alcohol abuse and addiction."

Laura Sankey, a spokeswoman for Golden, Colorado-based Coors, said that although she could not comment on pending litigation, the company "doesn't want underage consumers -- period."

"Tragedies like this further reinforce why the fight against underage drinking and drunk driving must continue," Sankey told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Also named in the suit were Ryan Pisco's girlfriend and her mother. The lawsuit alleges the girlfriend allowed Pisco, who lacked a valid driver's license, to drive off in her car, which had been given to her by her mother.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BULLSH*T!!!

Any beer ad I've seen has involved people who are clearly in their 20's and 30's having a good time. I have not seen anyone in any of these ads who looks underage at all!

It's the mother's job to kick her son's ass if he gets drunk, and if that's too much to ask of her as a PARENT, then she's TOO STUPID TO HAVE KIDS!

Two words that will put an end to all these bullsh*t frivolous lawsuits: LOSER PAYS! :angry:

Archived