Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthCoast

New YMCA for Southern Kent County

15 posts in this topic

Would they put it around the M6/Bryon Center Ave area? Maybe they could use one of the lots near the Metropolian Hospital site. Would it be possible to incorporate it into any of the medical sites in the area?

Hopefully this takes some of the pressure off the downtown Y. Parking during lunch or around 5 is insanely difficult and theres always a wait for any machines or equipment that I want to use

The Y as a whole needs to do something about their pricing, to help the moderate income individuals. When did the Y turn into a for-profit gym, from the non-profit it started out as.

The one in the old Grand Village mall is the Visser Y, btw.

The Y is expensive, but competition in the area offering similar services is even more expensive. We recently canceled our Y membership because we weren't using it enough. But I looked long and hard for a cheaper alternative that provided a fitness w/swimming and decent child care hours and I can't find one.

Announcement coming today regarding the new YMCA. I'll betcha it'll end up in the Metro Village at Byron Center and M-6.

Announcement coming today regarding the new YMCA. I'll betcha it'll end up in the Metro Village at Byron Center and M-6.

The Y is expensive, but competition in the area offering similar services is even more expensive. We recently canceled our Y membership because we weren't using it enough. But I looked long and hard for a cheaper alternative that provided a fitness w/swimming and decent child care hours and I can't find one.

Hmm.. if the new Y's going to be at Metro Health Village, I may end up getting a membership once again after it opens. At less than 2 miles away, that might be close enough for me to get my lazy butt over there regularly.

I was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hoping for an MVP in this area. You know with the pool and the slides like the one on E. Paris.

I honestly cannot stand the Y.