New Bowling Center to Open in MAY!

fsubelch

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

My wife and I may try to take up bowling sometime in the future. The town where I grew up as a kid (Cleveland, MS) had a bowling alley within bike-riding distance so I bowled a LOT back then and was very good at it (best game as a kid was a 290 or 295 I forget which but I was in a groove). I started taking lessons about 1974 or 75 and only a few months into it a tornado came along and flattened the place. They were still in the process of rebuilding when we moved to a small town in south Mississippi where the closesy bowling alley was a 2 hour drive. So that put the brakes on my bowling days. And it was a shame, too because not to be bragging but I was very, very good. I would like to think that I had the potential to become a professional. But that's long gone now. The last time I went bowling was about 15 years ago when my wife and I were visiting her parents in Gulfport, MS and my sister-in-law invited us to go bowling with her and her boyfriend at the time.

Anyway, I was wondering, do any of the current bowling centers have a pro shop where I could get bowling balls custom drilled? I figure that at some point, if my wife and I enjoy it and go frequently, we would get our own bowling balls instead of the public ones at the lanes. I went to Sports Authority and their selection was pretty meager.

I don't know if Seminole Lanes has a pro shop or not but I'm sure that the new bowling alley will have one. They should sell bowling balls and also drill them as well.

I've also heard you can find a decent ball on eBay for a pretty good price. Most of them are brand new, so of course you would have to have it drilled.

• 2 weeks later...

Have they done anything to fix that 50 cent trail they call a road yet to this new million dollar operation?

If they do fix that trail, I'd be all for a UP/Tally laser tag team tournament. Take out all your aggressions on fellow posters here. :)

^ LOL at 50 cent Trail! :lol:

I noticed the other day they had trimmed back some of the overgrowth on the sides but it didn't appear anything had been done to the roadway itself. Maybe they will surprise us & lay down some new asphalt right before their grand opening.

Nothing more glamorous than a gal w/curlers in her hair, cig hanging out the side of her mouth as she bowls a S-T-R-I-K-E! :)

TD, in that UP/Tally laser tag tourny I've got my sights set on GG. It will help my aim on him if he wears one of his coveted Gator T-shirts and a couple of campaign buttons from his buddies, JEB, GW and that Tennessee actor from Law & Order! Of course he may throw off my aim when he wears those blue jean shorts as part of the uniform. :rofl:

It's part of the official gator uniform TJ. Even my sweet soft spoken niece who goes to Auburn stated to me on the beach a few weeks back: "I'm going to the AU/UF game in G'ville this year. Guess I better iron my jean shorts." :lol:

And "For The Record" GG, that Dawg turned Nole doesn't look anything like me b/c he has no mullet. :)I'm all biz in the front, party in the back.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that everytime a prospective opening date is posted, it comes and goes without any activity. We started with May and the last I heard it was supposed to open in a week, of course that's been almost three weeks ago now.

I'd be really curious to know as well. We called a few days ago, but there was no answer.

Where was the sign about the grand opening ea99?

Seems that everytime a prospective opening date is posted, it comes and goes without any activity. We started with May and the last I heard it was supposed to open in a week, of course that's been almost three weeks ago now.

I'd be really curious to know as well. We called a few days ago, but there was no answer.

Where was the sign about the grand opening ea99?

Let's see:

A 50 cent trail

No real sign on CC

No idea of the opening date that keeps changing

No one answers the phone or better yet a machine that tells you the info about opening dates, prices etc.

Oh yeah this place looks like it's gonna be a winner!

Who owns this place? Ma and Pa Kettle?

Archived