New Bowling Center to Open in MAY!

fsubelch

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo we decided to go bowling yesterday. Found out some interesting information about this place.

First, the outside is awful, the parking lot is freshly paved but the landscaping is non-existant and the building looks shabby. My husband hadn't ever seen it and the first words out of his mouth were: "And you think Seminole is sketchy?" I had to assure him that the inside was better, and it didn't disappoint. It's very open and bright and smells new, which is nice....then we asked about bowling a game.

On the weekend, from 5:00 Friday-5:00 Sunday you can't bowl per game, which missnic mentioned, you rent the lane by the hour...but not per person, it's $29.95 an hour, per lane. It's difficult for 4 people to bowl 2 full games in an hour in my experience, so the average cost per person is about $7.50/game for four or the same for two people bowling two games. However, this cost does not include shoe rental. Shoes are an additional $5!!! :shok:

So, doing the math, it would have been $35 for my husband and I to bowl two games each (I have my own shoes). We didn't bowl. A person could go broke trying to bowl at those prices, I'll take Seminole in all its nastiness over $17.50 an hour for bowling anyday.

Soooo we decided to go bowling yesterday. Found out some interesting information about this place.

First, the outside is awful, the parking lot is freshly paved but the landscaping is non-existant and the building looks shabby. My husband hadn't ever seen it and the first words out of his mouth were: "And you think Seminole is sketchy?" I had to assure him that the inside was better, and it didn't disappoint. It's very open and bright and smells new, which is nice....then we asked about bowling a game.

On the weekend, from 5:00 Friday-5:00 Sunday you can't bowl per game, which missnic mentioned, you rent the lane by the hour...but not per person, it's $29.95 an hour, per lane. It's difficult for 4 people to bowl 2 full games in an hour in my experience, so the average cost per person is about $7.50/game for four or the same for two people bowling two games. However, this cost does not include shoe rental. Shoes are an additional $5!!! :shok:

So, doing the math, it would have been $35 for my husband and I to bowl two games each (I have my own shoes). We didn't bowl. A person could go broke trying to bowl at those prices, I'll take Seminole in all its nastiness over $17.50 an hour for bowling anyday.

Sounds like they're pricing themselves for people from Golden Eagle not the average Joe. They may end up pricing themselves out of business.

If it remains that expensive, my wife and I won't be bowling anytime soon. I remember it being per game prices not per hour.

How does this compare with bowling alleys from other parts of Florida?

Rachiroo enough about the cost, the shoes, the lanes and the snack bar.....who goes to a bowling alley for that? :P

What I wanna know is the real important stuff! Tell me about the 50 cent trail renovations and the entrance door. Is the door the same one in the pictures you linked us to above?

At those prices you mentioned, looks like they could afford to do something w/the exterior.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
That's why it looks like I'll never bowl in this city. Too bad. I've lost over 180 pounds and plan on losing more and was hoping to start bowling again after 20 years. Hopefully my wife will get approval for the surgery as well and lost weight so we can do more athletic events together. She was thinking that bowling would be nice for us to do together but the lanes have priced us out of the picture.

That's why it looks like I'll never bowl in this city. Too bad. I've lost over 180 pounds and plan on losing more and was hoping to start bowling again after 20 years. Hopefully my wife will get approval for the surgery as well and lost weight so we can do more athletic events together. She was thinking that bowling would be nice for us to do together but the lanes have priced us out of the picture.

Archived