Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

Tijuana Flats?  Where?  I thought they said they moved to Thornton because they were concerned for the girls safety downtown when they were at the Swiggs spot.

Taco bell?  Where?  At the Morgan & Morgan building or where Pita Pit and club Ono used to be?  That's huge!  I always thought Chipotle would have done well at what is now the Bank United Spot.  If Taco Bell moved downtown then I'm convinced the Public Storage is getting a McDonalds.

56 minutes ago, codypet said:

Tijuana Flats?  Where?  I thought they said they moved to Thornton because they were concerned for the girls safety downtown when they were at the Swiggs spot.

Taco bell?  Where?  At the Morgan & Morgan building or where Pita Pit and club Ono used to be?  That's huge!  I always thought Chipotle would have done well at what is now the Bank United Spot.  If Taco Bell moved downtown then I'm convinced the Public Storage is getting a McDonalds.

This year’s Morgan & Morgan billboard for Christmas: “When Grandma gets run over by a reindeer...”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

We need more quick, cheap, familiar places to grab a bite!!! :thumbsup:

I’m just thankful I can make my own with ingredients from my Publix at the Paramount and have some clue about what I’m eating. Nevertheless, when I was 20 and in a hurry I ate plenty of stuff that likely wasn’t very healthy (Krystals, anyone?). So this should be a boon to the bar district.

Edited by spenser1058

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

This year’s Morgan & Morgan billboard for Christmas: “When Grandma gets run over by a reindeer...”

Okay, I’m going to assume this is a coincidence, but there is a billboard for then with that phrase. I think it’s on 17-92 northbound when it gets to the forested part of Seminole County, just before Sanford.

Just now, WAJAS98 said:

Okay, I’m going to assume this is a coincidence, but there is a billboard for then with that phrase. I think it’s on 17-92 northbound when it gets to the forested part of Seminole County, just before Sanford.

Nope, it’s a real thing. There’s also one on I4 at JYP. I applaud them for taking a little dig at themselves for the holiday.

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

I’m just thankful I can make my own with ingredients from my Publix at the Paramount and have some clue about what I’m eating. Nevertheless, when I was 20 and in a hurry I ate plenty of stuff that likely wasn’t very healthy (Krystals, anyone?). So this should be a boon to the bar district.

Certainly, when you're strolling around downtown, maybe in between bar hopping at night or just hanging out during the day, the ability to pop in and snag a couple of quick tacos or a cheap burrito on the go will be a handy thing.

A Popeye's would be nice, too.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, codypet said:

Can confirm that during today's MPB an off-hand comment was made regarding a TB Cantina at Orange and Central.  Not sure which building, but sounded like a done deal awaiting buildout.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Taco watch: 

Tin & Taco

Gringos Locos

Taco Bell Cantina

Tijuana Flats

Chela

Jimmy Hula’s

Fuzzy’s

My god...Sunshine tried to warn us.   WE. DIDN’T. LISTEN.

I'd argue they all serve a different market.  No one complains about the amount of places to get a burger downtown.  Why do we need Beths, and Harry Buff, and Hamburger Marys, and Graffiti, and Underground?

A taco is just a form factor.

Speaking of "tacos downtown", anyone know if Tacos el Rancho will actually ever reopen after their "little kitchen fire" several months ago?

They have [had?] by far the best Mexican food downtown. Wonder if this will be another Kobe-like situation; suspicious fire, promises to reopen, fifteen years later...

Edited by Camillo Sitte

• 9 months later...

We've already heard the Train Depot is getting... I'm not sure what it is... craft beer, coffee and travel guide type place with food delivered from a restaurant across the street.

But remember when the Nunziata brothers bought the place and decided to poll the internets on what they wanted to see in the spot. Well, the winner was a Chelsea type food market. The top 17 ideas are listed here-craft beer, coffee and travel guide type place with food delivered from a restaurant across the street does not appear to have made the cut amongst the 'nets.

https://bungalower.com/2019/09/24/owner-of-church-street-station-releases-survey-results/

• Like 2

If that isn’t a textbook case of “market failure”, I’m not sure what is.

When market failure occurs, it is incumbent upon our local government or its representative like the DDB and its feckless leader Thomas Chatmon to fire up the bully pulpit and perhaps to actually make a few phone calls or invest a little shoe leather to move things forward.

Instead, *crickets*.

After nearly a decade of this, shouldn’t there be an alternative provided at the ballot box.

Of course not, this is Orlando. The coronations continue. Obviously, here we are in the best of all possible worlds as Voltaire would tell us. Let’s change nothing ever!

• Like 1