Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

onative why dont you shed some light on this project or atleast when we can expect to see a finished product...and what else is comming here besides the farrari dealership we all are hearing about?

well, I can tell you that they are working with a few retailers... some larger than others... and nothing is going to be made public until they sign on the dotted line... but I have spoken with reps of the commercial realty co. handling this aspect of CSS and they told me over a month ago that they have leased a supermajority of CSS already.

but, Ceviche and Dessert Lady II are going thru buildout as we speak. Bliss is opened up; and no new update re Cheyenne Saloon.

Among the pending or signed leases at Church Street Station are:

• Presidential Ballroom: Puff 'n Stuff Catering LLC has a three-year lease with two five-year options on the ballroom and other meeting space from Kuhn Cos. and is operating the facility as a catering hall.
  • Club Paris: Manny Vivar, CEO of HostDime, cut a five-year deal to replace Club Paris with an upscale nightclub called Dolce and to move the entrance to the Bumby Arcade.
  • Cheyenne Saloon & Opera House: Founder Bob Snow says he's going to reinvent his tri-level country and western showplace. Opening is planned before the end of the year.
  • Absinthe Wine Bar lunch area/former Thomas Sweet Ice Cream parlor: Dessert Lady's Patti Schmidt will open a dessert, coffee and wine bar in November.
  • Absinthe Wine Bar main area/former Crackers Seafood restaurant: Brick & Fire Pizza and Wine Co. is planned by chef Mark Dollard and partners, most recently Absinthe's proprietors. It will feature upscale Italian fare and 100 wines by the glass beginning in early September.
  • TooJay's Original Gourmet Deli: It is, at this point, still available. Look for late night all-American munchies, a full liquor bar or some combination of the two.
  • Bliss Premiere Ultra Lounge: The Badalamenti brothers opened their nightclub in April after spending $1 million to convert the old Phineas Phogg's Balloon Works into a late-night -- they open at 10 p.m. -- VIP lounge with live acts, bottle service and even a hospitality night with special prices for industry workers on Monday.
  • Pearl Steakhouse/Lili Marlene's Aviator's Pub and Restaurant: Ceviche, a Tampa-based chain of upscale restaurants will open Oct. 1, offering a menu of more than 100 tapas items. The company plans to convert the former Exchange Lounge space into a stage for flamenco dancers and musicians.
  • Improv Comedy Club & Restaurant: The owners have renewed their lease for 10 years for the old Rosie O'Grady's location.
  • TransContinental Building: The five-story structure where Lou Pearlman once plied his wares may become downtown's second auto dealership. Ferrari of Central Florida General Manager Dean Markley says the deal is past a first look and into design discussions, but he worries about where potential buyers can test drive the $150,000-and-up sports cars. Other space in the building, in addition to offices, will house a Gold's Gym and, possibly, a retail outlet and a restaurant with a sports car theme.
  • Train Depot: Kuhn says he's close to a deal to turn the building next to the railroad train and tracks into a combination fish market and restaurant.

wow pip knows everything....is the gold gym for sure?...if so this would be awsome....i would imagine church street this time next year to be super busy

nah, not me, google. :rolleyes:

not sure if a lease has been signed yet by Golds Gym.

here's a link to the restaurant going in the restaurant area and wine basement of the former Absinthe.

http://www.brickandfire.com/index.htm

wow pip knows everything....is the gold gym for sure?...if so this would be awsome....i would imagine church street this time next year to be super busy

The gym in 55W is also supposed to be privately operated by a "major" player in the health club field according to the sales people with discount membership to residents. 2 gyms next to each other should be fun.

^hope for Equinox...by far the best sports club i've belonged to. I believe there is only one in Florida right now, on South Beach.

Have you used RDV Sportsplex? If so, how would you compare the two?

I wasn't a member, but I have used it on occasion and really like their facilities. Way too far from downtown to use on a regular basis, though.

Have you used RDV Sportsplex? If so, how would you compare the two?

I wasn't a member, but I have used it on occasion and really like their facilities. Way too far from downtown to use on a regular basis, though.

I've never used RDV--I imagine it is spectacular, as facilities go. Equinox truly is a step above the rest (in my experience) and the all inclusive spa is a nice feature. Equinox SoHo is a personal favorite, but I live in Boston so I deal. Actually, now that I think of it, the Boston University fitrec center has comparable facilities. Anyway...back to Church St.

ooooo what makes you think it will be H&M ... if so, YAY! i will totally spend my lunch hour shopping instead of eating :P

H&M is going in the Florida Mall rehab where Lord & Taylor used to be. Too bad for us, though H&M may be a little young and cheap for the downown we're looking to build. (I'm just trying to look at the bright side.)

H&M is going in the Florida Mall rehab where Lord & Taylor used to be. Too bad for us, though H&M may be a little young and cheap for the downown we're looking to build. (I'm just trying to look at the bright side.)

worst news i heard all day. why would ANYbody waste there time investing in the florida mall?

Swedish people must really like Orlando. We get Ikea and now H&M. What's next an

worst news i heard all day. why would ANYbody waste there time investing in the florida mall?

H & M is cool for all ages. Given their special collectsion from Madonna to the new Roberto Cavalli line designed specifically for H & M, they have set a precedent that fashionable clothing is attainable at reasonable prices for the masses.