Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

H & M is cool for all ages. Given their special collectsion from Madonna to the new Roberto Cavalli line designed specifically for H & M, they have set a precedent that fashionable clothing is attainable at reasonable prices for the masses.

i love H&M. i'm talking about florida mall. that place is a cesspool. why would you waste an H&M there?? put it where people will actually go to it. ...downtown.

i love H&M. i'm talking about florida mall. that place is a cesspool. why would you waste an H&M there?? put it where people will actually go to it. ...downtown.

Come on now. We all would like a vibrant downtown, but count the number of people walking around downtown Orlando on a Saturday afternoon and compare that to the number of people walking around the Florida mall. I think there are a few thousand more people walking around the mall.

Come on now. We all would like a vibrant downtown, but count the number of people walking around downtown Orlando on a Saturday afternoon and compare that to the number of people walking around the Florida mall. I think there are a few thousand more people walking around the mall.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Downtown Orlando would be a great place for a store like that....

if going out of business in a few months was it's goal.

If it is a destination store and they do revamp the Church street station with a few retails instead of depend on just one. People will come.

For example, people will drive hundred of miles for Ikea. The same apply to H&M. If they are brave enough to throw an Ikea downtown, people will drive to downtown to shop and Ikea wont close. H&M is not in the same magnitude as Ikea, so it might need a few more stores open with it to survive.

If you put a hollister or cheesecake factory or ross down there, people will not drive there because they have the same store somewhere with better parking. But if you throw ten less signifacant retails donwtown to create a shopping district, people will go downtown.

If it is a destination store and they do revamp the Church street station with a few retails instead of depend on just one. People will come.

For example, people will drive hundred of miles for Ikea. The same apply to H&M. If they are brave enough to throw an Ikea downtown, people will drive to downtown to shop and Ikea wont close. H&M is not in the same magnitude as Ikea, so it might need a few more stores open with it to survive.

If you put a hollister or cheesecake factory or ross down there, people will not drive there because they have the same store somewhere with better parking. But if you throw ten less signifacant retails donwtown to create a shopping district, people will go downtown.

well said. h&m and ikea are both destination spots... i know that not only myself but my peers have definitely stated everytime they are visiting a city that has either of those stores, they make a point to go there sometime during their vacation...

not a huge destination spot...but jamba juice would be awesome in church st i think :D

All very valid suggestions, but any business owner wants an immediate return and that is why Florida Mall would be a better spot. Tourists from all over the world will be able to shop until they drop. Millenia is a good location, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear there is going to be a show on WMFE (PBS) Ch. 24 this Thursday evening (23rd) that will be concerned with the remodeling of The Cheyenne Saloon, or the person who's going to do it or something of that nature. I think it's supoosed to be on at like 8 or 8:30. Sounds like it could be interesting.

More than likely the park at the corner of parramore and Church where those two ponds are on either side of Church St.

they call that a park? It looks like 2 retention ponds although that little clock looks nice...also what happened to proposed naacp building at that site? I remember they had a poster board saying "future home of the naacp" with a picture of a 4-5 story building?

they call that a park? It looks like 2 retention ponds although that little clock looks nice...also what happened to proposed naacp building at that site? I remember they had a poster board saying "future home of the naacp" with a picture of a 4-5 story building?

It would be nice if there were more trees and shrubs and maybe a merry-go-round and see-saws, but it is green space where before there was none.

I believe the NAACP office is currently located in one of the city owned buildings on Church... down by the parking garage closer to I-4.

They've done a lot of clearing out of that area lately, so it looks like they are making it presentable to developers or prepping for future work.

I think you're talking about the same building where they plan on putting the IBFF and theatre, right?

Yeah, there are a LOT of people who still tie downtown Orlando to Church street. I primarily work over by the convention center. However I have to sometimes commute to my other office in Lakeland. As I talk to these "polk folk" (I made that up, btw) and mention that I live downtown their first reaction is usually - Oh, you mean by Church Street Station? Living in Thorton Park I answer "sort of" and then give my canned speech about what's happening downtown.

The discussion almost always ends with them mentioning the "terrible" traffic problems we have. Down in Lakeland, they seem to think we are like LA or something! Yeah our traffic sucks but it's not THAT bad!

Anyways, I always chuckle when I go through this routine (and trust me, it's a routine!)

Yeah, there are a LOT of people who still tie downtown Orlando to Church street. I primarily work over by the convention center. However I have to sometimes commute to my other office in Lakeland. As I talk to these "polk folk" (I made that up, btw) and mention that I live downtown their first reaction is usually - Oh, you mean by Church Street Station? Living in Thorton Park I answer "sort of" and then give my canned speech about what's happening downtown.

The discussion almost always ends with them mentioning the "terrible" traffic problems we have. Down in Lakeland, they seem to think we are like LA or something! Yeah our traffic sucks but it's not THAT bad!

Anyways, I always chuckle when I go through this routine (and trust me, it's a routine!)

i heard lakelands the place to be these days:)

It's coming.....

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Church Street Station, a historic downtown Orlando attraction, is being renovated.

Once owned by Lou Pearlman, Church Street Station is now owned by developer Cameron Kuhn and undergoing a grand transformation, WESH 2 News reported.

Chef Mark Dollard got a rare second chance at business success at Church Street Station.

Dollard's restaurant, Absinthe Bistro, closed when music promoter and Church Street owner, Lou Pearlman, declared bankruptcy, and sold his properties.

Dollard plans to open a pizza kitchen and wine bar, scheduled to open in October.

Other businesses have planned to open in Church Street in the coming months as this former tourist hot spot comes back to life.

"Residents are going to want to be able to stay downtown, work downtown, live downtown, eat downtown, and I'm even considering moving downtown as a result of that," Dollard said.

Other businesses are also being renovated, such as the Improv Comedy Club, the popular Dessert Lady, and the old Pearl Steakhouse is being replaced by a tapas restaurant and bar.

One of the most anticipated renovations and re-openings is the Old Cheyenne Saloon. It is 20,000 square feet and four stories.

The new developments are beneficial for people who plan to live in some of the 5,000 condo units under construction in downtown, including 55 West a block away.

"It's definitely going to help any business on Church Street or in the immediate downtown area," Panchero

• 5 weeks later...