Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

They sanded off the previous paint job by Perlman's tenancy and put a new coat of paint on it. Kuhn will probably do the same as Perlman and say that the paint job was a renovation worth 5 million dollars. (I'm just throwing a number out there)

Pearlman also removed a lot of the 1890's style adornments that will likely need to be replaced as well. And with Bob Snow having been hired to oversee bringing the Cheyenne Saloon back to it's former self, he will likely have some input into the CSS renovation as well.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Pearlman also removed a lot of the 1890's style adornments that will likely need to be replaced as well. And with Bob Snow having been hired to oversee bringing the Cheyenne Saloon back to it's former self, he will likely have some input into the CSS renovation as well.

Keep your fingers crossed.

He also stated that The Improv would be making major renovations. They lost their space for the current box office to make way for, I assume, another bar (in the space of the Exchange Lounge). The Improv can barely pay their bills. They keep stiffing local hotels where the comics stay. They lost their liquor license, but keep serving drinks. I hear Kuhn had to bail them out by getting a bond on the license for them. There were rumors that they would be expanding bar service onto the sidewalk like they do down the street, but I seriously doubt it. I don't see them putting a lot of money into the place.

late added note: Their liquor license is up at the end of this month - so in a couple days.

Edited by bulldogger

Not as tall as we'd all like to see. Probably 20 to 25 floors, maybe 30 tops if it has a lot a conference space, but I'd say closer to 20 than 30.

Still, that'll look pretty big given how close to I-4 the lot is. And personally, I think it will help the layered effect of the cluster, with SunTrust rising out from behind.

Edited by uncreativeusername

I heard it was in the 200 to 250 ft range...

I think that would be perfect, actually. This is one site that could really benefit from a mid-rise, rather than another 400-footer. Since this is at the extreme SW corner of downtown's main cluster of buildings, anything too big would block the I-4 East view of the buildings behind it (i.e. SunTrust, The Plaza). Something in the 200-300 foot range would add to the layering effect and help the skyline "ramp up" to the tallest building and focal point, SunTrust.

The site isn't too big, so if they plan to have on-site parking, the garage pedestal should take up at least 5-6 floors. So with a 15-foot first floor, about 60 feet of parking, and 220-feet of hotel (20 floors x 11 feet per floor estimate), this building should come close to being 300-feet tall.

hotelbv5.jpg

I don't see how all these hotel proposals can get off the ground. Capital Plaza III has had a hotel in the works forever and still no movement. Hopefully the Church St proposal and TT are more legit. Where does that leave the hotel proposals for 205 E Central, Rosalind/Crystal, and 100 W. Livingston???

Did anyone see where the city and the DOT are going to move the amtrack station back to church street?

link

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/9/...rch_street.html

that link only talks about the old train being moved from CSS.

^^

as for the CSS hotel, I saw the 3D video deal a couple of months back and it's only like 16 or so stories, and faily wide and classic looking. But, that just could've been just a prelim. rendering before they decided on an operator.

I don't see how all these hotel proposals can get off the ground. Capital Plaza III has had a hotel in the works forever and still no movement. Hopefully the Church St proposal and TT are more legit. Where does that leave the hotel proposals for 205 E Central, Rosalind/Crystal, and 100 W. Livingston???

205/215 is legit. Cap III is moving forward with the hotel as the first phase. I think we can support three more hotels at least. Not sure about the rest.

that link only talks about the old train being moved from CSS.

^^

as for the CSS hotel, I saw the 3D video deal a couple of months back and it's only like 16 or so stories, and faily wide and classic looking. But, that just could've been just a prelim. rendering before they decided on an operator.

Do you have the 3d video can u post it here so we can look at it?

I though they were going to stay open?

They are telling everybody that Kuhn screwed them. The reality is that they cannot afford the liquor license. PERIOD. They now have a sign that says they are closing and it is due to circumstances beyond their control. (Not paying for your own liquor license is not an issue beyond your own control.) The sign also says to check their website for updates and a new location. I think they called the press today and said they are waiting on word from Kuhn on what they will do next. Meanwhile, they are packing their $hit by the back door.

Church Street station is supposed to have one liquor license for the whole comlpex. CSS received and entertainment complex designation in the 90's I believe so the whole complex would only need one. I rememeber under Pearlman, the GM was telling me about the shared license. I must investigate. The Improv was a good business the have there.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a rehashed Cheyene Saloon making it in the currently developing urban environment of the new downtown Orlando. I think a lot of the draw for the Cheyene in the 1980's was tourist related. Is there really a market for a country honky tonk western saloon in downtown Orlando now?

What do you all think?