Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

It's about 13 -14 stories tall and reminds me a little of the Mandarin Oriental going up in Boston. It looks very wide but not too deep...

Nice--I hope they go with stone or limestone (wishful thinking, i know). It would compliment the Courthouse and Church Street areas well and help to link them together.

I'd like to see the rendering.

Has anyone been to Ceviche (old Pearl Steakhouse) yet? Walked by this afternoon and was invited in to look around, staff said they've been open since a week ago or so (wish shocked me a bit). Anyway, will prob check it out next week maybe.

yes.....food is good, dessert is better, wine list is best (if you like spanish wines). the staff makes it phenomenal. you will feel like you are the only table in the restaurant.

Church Street Station to change hands again

Ohio hospitality firm may buy the property

Orlando Business Journal

^ this is a link to the full article, not just the blurb I posted a link to a few days ago.

NOTE:

Bob Snow, the man who created the Church Street entertainment complex in the 1980s, is in a lease-purchase contract for The Cheyenne Saloon. Snow plans to revive the Saloon and will lease the building for three years. He then has the option to buy it for $4.85 million.

Kuhn is in negotiations with Ferrari, who would own part of the Church Street Exchange and put a showroom on the first floor. The Pine Street building is for sale for $18 million.

The only parcel on the east side of the railroad tracks, The Church Street depot, is for sale for $3 million. Apparently Gateway Hospitality is interested in the property and would like to make it a train station as part of the proposed commuter rail plan.

I like that design.

It's just high enough, long enough & close to I-4 enough to block out the view of all that stubby looking crap just to the south of the Sun Bank tower.

Especially that waste of a perfectly good parcel of downtown real estate, The Lincoln Plaza.

Looks fine from street level on Orange Av, but is a total let-down from I-4.

Somebody needs to build something to hide it.

That hotel looks like it would do the trick.

For those who haven't seen the rendering in the link that UPSDAN posted, here it is, courtesy of orlandoskyscrapers.com:

viewmediaid7142239c6asa1.jpg

I realize this is only a concept, but I cringe at the idea of a Kuhn (ie cheap) faux production that is intended to resemble a Second Empire style building.

This kind of reminds me of the Hotel Commonwealth plans in Boston--if anyone knows how that turned out they'd be running for the exits now.

I realize this is only a concept, but I cringe at the idea of a Kuhn (ie cheap) faux production that is intended to resemble a Second Empire style building.

Kuhn would be selling the property to Gateway Hospitality who would be developing the possible Hilton hotel, so I wouldn't worry about the quality of the building because of Kuhn. However, I would be concerned that Gateway Hospitality only has experience with hotels of the following brands:

Hampton Inn

Sleep Inn

Fairfield Inn

Hawthorn Suites

Comfort Suites

Clarion

Westgate Inn

Microtel Inn

Not that Hilton is uber chic but it's clear that Gateway doesn't have much experience in the way of developing luxurious hotels.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this really should be in the coffee shop, but...

My wife and I went to the Tapas place "Ceviche" last night. Had a great time, live flamenco music and dancers. Pity about the poor sound system. (A hint to you folks who have to throw this stuff together without the budget to get a designer: don't buy gear from music stores.) service, quality, price all great.

The one thing my mate and I noticed was more of a tip of the hat to Bob Snow. The details and archetecture of Church street allows for an interior designer to focus on a few clues and here you are in an old world spanish/moorish space. Such a special place.

Talking of special places, Kuhn got the Comedy theatre out, but he needs to put something in there.

Someone elsewill have to tell me about Bliss and Dolce. My dress to impress days are past me. (Again sorry for my part in the ugliest people rating).

• 2 weeks later...

Kuhn would be selling the property to Gateway Hospitality who would be developing the possible Hilton hotel, so I wouldn't worry about the quality of the building because of Kuhn. However, I would be concerned that Gateway Hospitality only has experience with hotels of the following brands:

Hampton Inn

Sleep Inn

Fairfield Inn

Hawthorn Suites

Comfort Suites

Clarion

Westgate Inn

Microtel Inn

Not that Hilton is uber chic but it's clear that Gateway doesn't have much experience in the way of developing luxurious hotels.

bic, i was poking around yesterday afternoon and saw that there is two different gateway hospitalities. one is simply gateway hospitality in SC and the other is gateway hospitality group in OH. the difference isn't very dramatic but the gateway hospitality group develops hilton garden inns.

I am pretty sure the guys developing the Hilton are from the midwest somewhere, but I do not remember where.

I took a tour of the Chyanne Salon with Bob Snow recently. He expects to open in January. They are doing a great job remodeling the place. I had never been inside until then. I wish I could have been around during its' heyday.

They also have a new outdoor mall off the Polk Parkway and Hardman (I believe) and from what I hear it is slowly killing Lakeland Square. Did you go by there by any chance?

No I didn't know it existed, I will have to check it out. What are its major anchors? I know there is another enclosed mall in Polk near Lake Wales, I went there when it was new and again recently, not many national retailers there and not very well kept.