Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

This location is too visible for such trash. Do not forget that something as offensive, cheap and hulking as this is going to forever distort the views of City Hall and everything else around it. Up until this point, the Suntrust cluster has been lucky enough to have a group of buildings that (for better or worse) speak in a common language and work well together. Now, we get something that not only clashes with EVERYTHING around it (where does the inspiration for this design come from?), but even more offensive, is completely uninspired.

It is always one step forward, two steps back in Orlando.

Edited by prahaboheme

Put me in the "I like it" column too.

Or even the "I REALLY like it." column if there is one.

To hell with the so-called "Suntrust cluster".

More of a "cluster-f-ck" IMO.

Suntrust is a nice looking building with a stupid looking roofline.

The rest of the buildings are all just stumps & stubs.

Block that crap out with anything you can, I say.

Edited by JFW657

The style of the design compliment 55 West. 55 West and this Hilton will create a giant wall. The skyline view from Lake Lucerne will look a lot more better though.

It is funny that the Arena going to build a 15 story glass tower with observation deck on top, then you have this 25 stories giant wall building directly across from it to block everything.

What do you really like about it?

I like the 7th window in from the left on the 18th floor. That window really does it for me. :P

Seriously...what kind of question is that? I just like the way it looks. I don't see anything "cheap" about it.

I think you got your wish.

And keep in mind re: the buildings behind it including Suntrust & City Hall, etc.

As you approach downtown along eastbound I-4, you're actually approaching from the south & that is the narrow end of the building. All those other buildings will still be visible until you get right up on the hotel.

The same will be true approaching from the opposite direction.

Also... this being Orlando, chances are it'll never get built anyway.

Well it's damned if you do; it's damned if you don't.

Everyone praises density .... "we want density." Then we start to get it and whoa ... "you're blocking the view."

Why does everyone think that the whole point of downtown is to give people something to look at as they wiz past on I-4?

Density can be achieved in many ways--quality cannot, and it is hardly subjective.

If this building is cut from limestone (hell i'd even take red brick), with proper setbacks and cornices (rather simple really), I would have no objection to this building. Unfortunately, Orlando gets yet another building that will probably, if we are lucky, get precast stone in a cheesy faux-med revival style.

What I want is for Orlando to grow up, it seems as though many people here just want to build, build, build, as if that is some testament to greatness.

This has nothing to do with I-4.

Edited by prahaboheme