Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

if so, that is a really odd place for Hamburger Mary's. all the other ones out here on the west coast are the the gaytto and even some of those haven't been able to survive. i just don't see the tourists and mainstream suburbanites who will be visiting church st. feeling comfortable having dinner during drag queen bingo.

that being said, orlando's gay scene is so sporadic right now that bring a hamburger mary's in is a great idea. but there is no way a gay neighborhood right downtown is going to happen!

Didn't the Hamburger Mary's in Ft. Lauderdale just close? If one can't survive in Wilton Manors the church st. location doesn't make sense. Unless the city is relying on the gays to revitalize Parramore.

Didn't the Hamburger Mary's in Ft. Lauderdale just close? If one can't survive in Wilton Manors the church st. location doesn't make sense. Unless the city is relying on the gays to revitalize Parramore.

You know, I've wondered why it hasn't happened already, with P-House where it is on OBT. Parramore's begging for gayntrification....

Parramore needs to be razed to the ground and compleatly started over. The odd jumble of industrail, commercial, residential, charitable organizations, railroad tracts, and a skyrocketing crime rate, make it one incredibly unatractive area for investors.

To quote a friend of mine "What this rats nest needs is a good fire."

Edited by RedStar25

I walked from the Citrus Bowl to DT along Church St. after Big Blue punked my boys.

it is all industrial, hence why it wasn't like a scene from Shaun of the Dead walking back (with a big group, of course). if it was residential like Washington St., forget it.

so, b/c it is industrial mainly, I can see how it can be transformed with the influx of new business to spruce up the corridor.

I still don't get the new drainage ditches they built just west of CityView.

Another sexy parking pedestal fronting I-4.

Based on the last rendering that was posted, I think the parking pedestal will be situated on the east side of the building, facing away from I-4. You should be able to catch a glimpse of it as you come from the north or south but it's not going to be anywhere near as prominent as 55 West's garage.

They should closed every streets downtown to car and build a large parking garage like universal studio in Paramore and makes everybody walk to downtown.

Then, they can charge an entrance fees and maybe downtown will be busy with the 56 millions tourist there per year.

----I am just bored.

Based on the last rendering that was posted, I think the parking pedestal will be situated on the east side of the building, facing away from I-4. You should be able to catch a glimpse of it as you come from the north or south but it's not going to be anywhere near as prominent as 55 West's garage.

The way this is proposed it will not only conceal it's own garage, but help conceal the monstrosity of a parking garage on the East side of the commuter rail tracks. I look at this as a possitive.

So do I, and if nothing happens then the current eyesore becomes a permanent eyesore by definition.

By what logic? A parking lot can be built upon at any time--but if it is not done right the first time, it is already too late. I can only think of one building in recent memory that was built and was so horrendous a city forced the developer to redo the facade. Orlando would never do this; they hardly hold developers accountable for anything at all.

The way this is proposed it will not only conceal it's own garage, but help conceal the monstrosity of a parking garage on the East side of the commuter rail tracks. I look at this as a possitive.

I agree. If you study the rendering posted here earlier, it looks like the hotel tower is L shaped, with the long leg of the L on the west side next to I-4, & the short leg of the L on the south side, pointing east. I'm guessing the parking deck is concealed in the crook of the L.

I heard on the news the other day that Dolce (the former Club Paris) is already closed? Is that true? Is it part of the the Hilton coming in, or did they just go out of business?

thank god. what a cheezball club it was. hopefully Bliss is next. would be nice if we can get that side of the tracks with some nice restaurants instead. (and of course moving in some nice retail one day into the empty stores!).