Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

I dunno if anyone notice, downtown Orlando updated their website with the new Hilton page and rendering.

333 hotel rooms, 25 stories, 970 parking spaces, rooftop restaurants.

So if the basketball players stay there, are they going to walk to the arena or drive there?

An underground tunnel to there would be cool.

Do NBA players actually stay at "Hilton" Hotels?

I think it will be a nice add in that corner though.

If you look closely you can see the depiction of a bus in the hotel entrance. Is that the meant to be the bus of the next Magic victims? Either way, although it's close to the arena I'm not sure I would want to switch to the Hilton from the Grand Bohemian if I was an NBA pro. Of course, I'll never be an pro athlete. Not sure how nice this Hilton will be but I was at the GB this weekend and it was amazing.

Edited by OCF

267' looks a bit too high in the skyline rendering.

This is going to be short and stumby like Dynetech since the base seems to be quite large.

It does look a little tall in the rendering but if you want a good idea of its height, check out the 250-foot CNL I and add 17-feet.

Personally I would have liked to have seen them Brand this as a Conrad instead of just a Hilton. To me it has all the presence and stature of a Conrad plus we need a higher end hotel downtown to complement the Grand Bohemian. I mean if Indy can support a Conrad we sure as hell should be able to.

I think they stayed in Grand Bohemian now when they came in town. If they stay in the Hilton, they might go next door to buy one of two Ferrari while they r here.

i believe it was channel 13 that said the ferrari dealership was not moving into CSS any longer.

267' looks a bit too high in the skyline rendering.

This is going to be short and stumby like Dynetech since the base seems to be quite large.

I don't think it'll be too stumpy looking because the tower portion looks pretty narrow on the ends.

It'll still be better than looking at that squatty crap next to the Sun Trust. Especially with it being as close to I-4 as it is.

That'll make it look more imposing as you drive past it.

I hope it goes up, & it looks just like the rendering.

Personally I would have liked to have seen them Brand this as a Conrad instead of just a Hilton. To me it has all the presence and stature of a Conrad plus we need a higher end hotel downtown to complement the Grand Bohemian. I mean if Indy can support a Conrad we sure as hell should be able to.

There's still the hotel that's supposed to go into 55W, so we can still hope for something more upscale.

^^

all we need now is the buying and selling of X, trance playing at high decibels [sic], and another haunted house... just like old times.

Ack! Sorry to nitpick but this is like the billionth time I've seen you misuse the word sic in your posts (3rd time recently). It is only meant to be used when you are quoting material that contains a misspelling or grammatical error. You place the [sic] after the preceding anomaly to indicate to the reader that you are simply transcribing verbatim and that the error is not your doing. You're almost using it correctly but it's not meant to go after a word that you intentionally misspell (and want to let it be known that you are consciously misspelling it), only within quoted material. Again, sorry to nitpick but you'll be better off knowing that. :thumbsup:

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Ack! Sorry to nitpick but this is like the billionth time I've seen you misuse the word sic in your posts (3rd time recently). It is only meant to be used when you are quoting material that contains a misspelling or grammatical error. You place the [sic] after the preceding anomaly to indicate to the reader that you are simply transcribing verbatim and that the error is not your doing. You're almost using it correctly but it's not meant to go after a word that you intentionally misspell (and want to let it be known that you are consciously misspelling it), only within quoted material. Again, sorry to nitpick but you'll be better off knowing that. :thumbsup:

up.org is so educational! :thumbsup:

up.org is so educational! :whistling: (whistles "Conjunction Junction")

Thanks for noticing, bic. I mean that. But I already knew that... I was lead article editor on my law review. But that was a few years back and I've reached a point in my life where I simply don't care... not that I'm over the hill or anything like that.

You got me man... you got me... and I'm ashamed... I put it there for the reasons you said, so that I wouldn't have people correcting my spelling like I was some shmuck, or b/c they thought I was too lazy to look it up (shmuck again), but at the same time, I didn't want to type too many characters and take too much time referencing the fact that I was misspelling the word knowlingly and take focus away from the post. guilty as charged... I guess the first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem...

Thanks for noticing, bic. I mean that. But I already knew that... I was lead article editor on my law review. But that was a few years back and I've reached a point in my life where I simply don't care... not that I'm over the hill or anything like that.

You got me man... you got me... and I'm ashamed... I put it there for the reasons you said, so that I wouldn't have people correcting my spelling like I was some shmuck, or b/c they thought I was too lazy to look it up (shmuck again), but at the same time, I didn't want to type too many characters and take too much time referencing the fact that I was misspelling the word knowlingly and take focus away from the post. guilty as charged... I guess the first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem...

i used to be an english teacher in a past life but now that the only writing i do is on internet message boards, i like to underline the first letter of each word that should be capitalized rather than do what is grammatically correct and capitalize it. i was hoping nobody would notice my fundamental writing ignorance and i'd be able to continue spelling "mojito" correctly and putting [sic] after it, and carry on with comparing brevard county to peru.

j/k!

back to church street...