Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

maybe im nieve...but what is the big deal about another burger joint (hamburger mary's)???

whats wrong with burger joints? I happen to own a burger joint and we have customers that will eat burgers 5 times a week! America loves BURGERS!!

I ate there last week. Not bad, good prices. I like the decor, very festive. Could be a winner.

I had a Mushroom Burger there today. It was very good and cooked just right (medium rare). I got there about 12:30 and it was packed but at 1:00 it was down to 1/4 full. The service was very good. I think they will pull a good lunch and late-night crowd, but I think weekday evenings may be a challenge for a while, but if they keep up the service level, I will become a regular. I don't think I could do burgers 5 times a week, but they have some other interesting options to try such as meatloaf and lasagna.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife, some friends and I went to Hamburger Mary's tonight and it was great. Their burgers are going to rival Johnny's Filling Station for best in Orlando, now. They were pretty damn good. The "Mary Tyler Smores" that you roast at your table were pretty cool, too.

Overall, we really liked it and will certainly be back. It is very gay-friendly, and I would almost call it overall a gay restaurant, but I would also consider it very kid-friendly. I'll leave it up to you. If you have any problem with "gay-ness" then it isn't for you. If not, then I strongly suggest it.

I would say that instead of it being gay-friendly that it's straight-friendly. It's not called "Mary's" for just any old reason. The original Hamburger Mary's was started in San Francisco and has locations in gayborhoods in five other cities. The location in Chicago has an upstairs bar with a stage where they have a variety of performances.

My wife, some friends and I went to Hamburger Mary's tonight and it was great. Their burgers are going to rival Johnny's Filling Station for best in Orlando, now. They were pretty damn good. The "Mary Tyler Smores" that you roast at your table were pretty cool, too.

Overall, we really liked it and will certainly be back. It is very gay-friendly, and I would almost call it overall a gay restaurant, but I would also consider it very kid-friendly. I'll leave it up to you. If you have any problem with "gay-ness" then it isn't for you. If not, then I strongly suggest it.

I would say that instead of it being gay-friendly that it's straight-friendly. It's not called "Mary's" for just any old reason. The original Hamburger Mary's was started in San Francisco and has locations in gayborhoods in five other cities. The location in Chicago has an upstairs bar with a stage where they have a variety of performances.

That's true. I don't really know what to call it, nor do I really care. I just wanted to make sure and throw it out there for the people who do care about that sort of thing. Like it or not, there are people out there who have a problem with it and they might not want to end up there. The place is good, a lot of fun, and I would bring my family, including children, there but others may not feel the same way.

I'm just sayin....

I did not know the history of the chain, but I did notice that about the staff. staff is great. food is good. atmosphere is great. pictures on the walls are funny. the whole gay thing I think is a really good thing, b/c I've noticed that gays are usually trendy and CSS needs trendy as an element to insure it's success. maybe they can convert the old club paris into the Hamburger Mary's Upstairs Lounge...