Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

Here's a PDF for the layout of what Heat @ 55W will look like. Pretty nice setup w/ the live stage behind the the main bar. Looks like it will be a great place to get a bite to eat and lounge before a concert of game at Amway Center.

http://www.vjaconstr...ntent_Bound.pdf

How did you find that?

I wonder if Blends, Baby Grands and Mojo's have a layout of how their spots going to look like.

I also noticed that there is still some empty retail space at 55W.

^ Looks like it'll be nice but I still can't get over how bad of a name it is for an establishment that will need the patronage of Magic fans.

Agreed. I heard the official name may end up being "Heat Fusion". Of course I'd rather do away w/ Heat altogether.

Edited by Ocityst

The space beneath the pedestrian bridge and adjacent to the sushi place in CSS is now covered with paper and construction notices are up. Not sure which business is taking this spot.

The seven eleven coming soon signs are up, so that looks like it's a go.

So there really is a 7-Eleven project for 55W, that's great!!! Is it going to be in the location you just mentioned?

54 W. Church? Looks like another lounge/restaurant:

http://www.vjaconstr...162010-Arch.pdf

That's the one ... That's a pretty big build out. Looks like the first floor, plus upper level and the pedestrian bridge. This and Heat will bring all new life to the CSM/55W courtyard. Things are looking up for this area.

That's the one ... That's a pretty big build out. Looks like the first floor, plus upper level and the pedestrian bridge. This and Heat will bring all new life to the CSM/55W courtyard. Things are looking up for this area.

Could that possibly be "BLENDS" or is this totally different from this ongoing project?

Apparently the 7-11 is being fast tracked and they want to be the first to open in 55 West. They've started build-out and they're holding a one day job fair in a couple of weeks to staff the place. Word is, they're trying to open before October 1st.

Construction plans can be found here:

http://www.vjaconstruction.com/Sub_Bidding.html

From the signs in the windows, it looks like it will be a 24-hour location, which is very welcome. It will be nice to be able to get beverages/snacks/whatever without having to venture out onto the streets in the middle of the night.

Exciting stuff.

Does the Pine Street entrance have direct access to the 55 West Plaza?

Yes, there is a breezeway that runs through the base of 55 West from Pine St. to Church St. It's lined with retail.

7-11 is taking up a Pine St. facing suite, and one suite behind that, that has a breezeway entry. they're using the second suite for an office and storage ... so, they're using about 3 feet by 18 feet of that suite in the breezeway-facing side to put up displays, advertisements, etc .. so there's not just some blacked out suite in the hall.

• 4 weeks later...

Jim Abbott's Soundboard column in today's Sentinel talks about a Rosie O'Grady's reunion coming up:

"Looking back, does Allred (leader of Rosie's Jazz Band) think that something such as Rosie's could happen again?

"I doubt it, I really do," he says, explaining that it's difficult for a nightclub to maintain the big budget required to keep so much talent on hand. "It had its time and it's kind of over. I think that people sitting around drinking pitchers of beer just is not in vogue anymore."

This may have been confirmed by the demise not only of Rosie's but also the Adventurer's Club at PI. The end of an era in these days of tight corporate budgets?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/os-cal-abbott-rosies-091010-20100909,0,5425651,full.column?track=os-todo-rosie-reunion

Will new Amway Center save struggling Church Street merchants?

The wait has been excruciating for merchants in the faded Church Street district of downtown Orlando.

They've endured long, dry years of developers' grand plans crumbling and neighboring businesses closing. As one disappointment followed another, one thing kept many of them going: the promise of a new beginning sparked by the Amway Center.

The Promise of Church Street

Edited by DeepEyez