Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

I am most curious to see what becomes of the Cheyenne Saloon space.  According to the article, 3 entertainment concepts are being considered.  Rumor had it that House of Blues would end their lease at Disney and were scouting out downtown locations.  That was several years ago, though.  Also, Cheyenne Saloon is much too small a space. 

There were also rumors swirling about a downtown location for an Ale House.

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Any news on the Magic development? Could be great right next to the Amway!

I'll have to give ET another chance - the time I wane my beer was warm and pizza undercooked and service was horrible in spite of being less than 10% full.

Had a very similar experience Friday night. Went in, grabbed an open table with 4 friends, ordered our beers and food. I left money on the table and walked out after 30 minutes passed without my beer arriving. It was busy but not THAT busy. Our waitress was a ghost.

I have been there 2 other times when they were dead empty and the staff was awesome and the beer was fine. Didn't order any food that time. 

I think they'll get it together. I love the concept.

• 2 months later...

Next to Hamburger Mary's will be a Primanti Brothers style sandwich place. If you aren't familiar that is the iconic Pittsburgh sandwich with the fries on it. I know the oweners are Pittsburgh natives so will be interested to see how authentic it will be. Could be a really nice late night alternative to the pizza shops.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks - that almost confirms by process of elimination that Baby Grands is now under contract with a sports bar type place. Not a chain (although this place would not be the first...but it's certainly not Ale House or BWW or the like).

The owner described the location as "right next to Five Guys" and "by the tracks" to a friend but that could essentially be anywhere on Church to most people.

Will keep you updated as soon as its shareable

• 4 weeks later...

A ARB meeting sign went up in the 54 W Courtyard re: landscape and hardscape changes.  I think this is making it the "European-style Plaza" they've talked about. I can't find the ARB agenda posted yet... anyone know of any renderings or details on this project?

The ARB for 54 West Plaza had a lot of discussion - the project proposed was "interim" but there was no long-term plan and didn't show how it incorporated the 55 West Plaza - they also didn't present a furniture plan, etc.  It was deferred until the applicant addresses some of these.

The overall plan, though, is to open up the plaza with fewer grade separations (planters) to free up pedestrian traffic.  There will also be outdoor dining areas for some of the bottom-floor spaces. 

Rumor has it that Five Guys is leaving at the end of this month and Grafitti Junction is looking at that space in 54 West.  The German restaurant is slowly creeping toward completion, and the new concept from Bento in the old Urban Flats space is installing some high-end finishes.  Almost feels like an upscale hotel lobby. 

Urban Flats and Ceviche were also closed this week for renovations, and the whisky cellar at Eternal Tap opened.

The ARB for 54 West Plaza had a lot of discussion - the project proposed was "interim" but there was no long-term plan and didn't show how it incorporated the 55 West Plaza - they also didn't present a furniture plan, etc.  It was deferred until the applicant addresses some of these.

The overall plan, though, is to open up the plaza with fewer grade separations (planters) to free up pedestrian traffic.  There will also be outdoor dining areas for some of the bottom-floor spaces. 

Rumor has it that Five Guys is leaving at the end of this month and Grafitti Junction is looking at that space in 54 West.  The German restaurant is slowly creeping toward completion, and the new concept from Bento in the old Urban Flats space is installing some high-end finishes.  Almost feels like an upscale hotel lobby. 

Urban Flats and Ceviche were also closed this week for renovations, and the whisky cellar at Eternal Tap opened.

Wonder why Five Guys is leaving? How was business at that location? I would assume they would do great at lunch, but slow down on nights and weekends.

My dad delivers bread to all of the Five Guys in the greater Orlando area. This one has always been one of the worst locations, in terms of orders.  In comparison, he also delivers to Hamburger Mary's which he states is on par with best Five Guy locations.  Kinda sad about it, but If Graffiti Junction does take over, it's probably for the best. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And already announced its replacement:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/07/graffiti-junktion-owner-to-bring-new.html

"Graffiti Junktion owner Greg Peters signed a lease to take over that space in two weeks and expects to complete buildout in time for a mid-October opening of Red, an American cafe. Though he’s yet to finalize the menu, he said this new concept will feature finer foods at reasonable prices and in a little more fancy atmosphere than a Graffiti Junktion."

Edited by d4nz

Fast food seems to struggle on W. Church St for some reason. In the Church Street Market days, there was a Boston Market and an Olive Garden Express. Both eventually closed and noted that, while they did fine at lunch, that was pretty much it for business. I assumed with 55W filling up, they might finally break the curse, but I guess not. Meanwhile, I long for the days of Royal Castle and Birch Beer *sigh*.

Fast food seems to struggle on W. Church St for some reason. In the Church Street Market days, there was a Boston Market and an Olive Garden Express. Both eventually closed and noted that, while they did fine at lunch, that was pretty much it for business. I assumed with 55W filling up, they might finally break the curse, but I guess not. Meanwhile, I long for the days of Royal Castle and Birch Beer *sigh*.

I was thinking about this today, specifically the 55W residents. I wonder how often the 20somethings in perfect shape find themselves splurging 1200 calories on a hamburger? Probably not often. I doubt the people living in 55W went there very often. Hell, I live in 55 West, I'm carrying an extra 50lb and even I can't stomach that kind of food on a regular basis. Once every 2-3 months, maybe? I think I probably went there less than 10 times in the 2 years they were there.

I remember a full service Olive Garden that was on the second floor right above The Sharper Image & behind SunTrust with the bridge over Church St. being part of the dining area, a TGIFridays, a Pizzeria Uno & a Hooters but I don't remember an Olive Garden Express or a Boston Market ever being there.

I was thinking about this today, specifically the 55W residents. I wonder how often the 20somethings in perfect shape find themselves splurging 1200 calories on a hamburger? Probably not often. I doubt the people living in 55W went there very often. Hell, I live in 55 West, I'm carrying an extra 50lb and even I can't stomach that kind of food on a regular basis. Once every 2-3 months, maybe? I think I probably went there less than 10 times in the 2 years they were there.

And at 6 bucks for a "small" hamburger, who could even afford to eat there that often?

• Like 1