Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

• 11 months later...

Couple of updates on this and Church Street in general ... 

Ferg's is now open. It's fantastic. I've had a meal there 3 times in the last 4 days, if that says anything. Food quality is excellent, service is great, the interior is nicely designed. Two full dining rooms, 2 indoors bars, an outdoor bar and plenty of outdoor seating. Love this place. I really hope everyone stops in and checks it out. I feel like it could become an anchor in this area. Plenty of older folks and families in there as well -- which is a great thing to see downtown.

Wahlburger's is open as well and has had a line out the door and down the block for the last 5 hours ... ? Pretty nuts.

Good stuff for this area.

Edited by castorvx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

Is this place already open?  They are pulling permits for 128 W Church

http://www.maddeyscraftcru.com

As of Saturday they had a big "Coming Soon" sign hanging over the railing next to the tracks. Believe this is the spot where many locations have failed. Beer snob place with whiskey cellar, Chicago's Stuffed Pizza, etc.

Maybe it will survive given all the new activity in the area. 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:22 PM, castorvx said:

Ferg's is now open. It's fantastic. I've had a meal there 3 times in the last 4 days, if that says anything. Food quality is excellent, service is great, the interior is nicely designed. Two full dining rooms, 2 indoors bars, an outdoor bar and plenty of outdoor seating. Love this place. I really hope everyone stops in and checks it out. I feel like it could become an anchor in this area. Plenty of older folks and families in there as well -- which is a great thing to see downtown.

I suppose it's a shame we listened to the people leaving.

We walked up to Ferg's weekend before last and turned around.  As we walked up and peeked in, it appeared D-E-A-D on a Saturday night @ dinner time.  We hesitated because of that and because there wasn't a soul in sight that seemed to work there, except someone behind the bar.  We turned around and started to leave, but I said we should go ahead and give it a shot.  Our group decided to try it and we started walking back up to the door.  A reasonable looking group of 4 (probably 30-somethings??) was walking out and they said "Don't bother, it sucks."  We went to Ceviche instead.

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I suppose it's a shame we listened to the people leaving.

We walked up to Ferg's weekend before last and turned around.  As we walked up and peeked in, it appeared D-E-A-D on a Saturday night @ dinner time.  We hesitated because of that and because there wasn't a soul in sight that seemed to work there, except someone behind the bar.  We turned around and started to leave, but I said we should go ahead and give it a shot.  Our group decided to try it and we started walking back up to the door.  A reasonable looking group of 4 (probably 30-somethings??) was walking out and they said "Don't bother, it sucks."  We went to Ceviche instead.

Wonder what they were unhappy with. Ferg's has a small menu at the moment. I could see the lack of options combined with poor service getting that reaction. There have been a couple of times where the hostess stand (which is just a table out front) is just completely unoccupied because the hostess has to make the long trek to the back dining room and back.

In any case, I think the place is great and at least worth checking out. 

• 3 months later...

As much as @UngaBungalow and I have our differences (feel free to unblock me from Facebook whenever :) ), big hats off to scouring this project out.  I never look at the HPB minutes, so it completely eluded me.

Looks like a bar in correlation with OCSC is eyeing up the giant ugly storefront next to Ceviche.  I've seen people wandering in and out every few weeks, but wasn't sure if anything was happening.  http://bungalower.com/2016/05/29/orlando-city-soccer-open-venue-church-street/

http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/05/HPB2016-00086-123-W-Church.pdf

And it appears Ceviche is going to have minor alterations at the same time: http://www.cityoforlando.net/city-planning/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/05/HPB2016-00093-125-W-Church.pdf

I'm curious as to what they could need at that location.  Within a year or so they will have all the space they could possibly use at the stadium.

Gift shop? Fan club bar?  Offices?  Ticket booth? 

I do have to ask what you've done to be banned.  I only used FB for a few weeks until I determined it was so full of textual sewage that I had to leave and never look back.  About 1/4 of the people I was connected to apparently are mentally deficient on social media.  Just flat-out idiots.  Cat pictures, food pictures, posts begging for validation, insane political statements that could be proved untrue in 5 seconds with a Google search, jumping on bizarre bandwagons, etc.  There was also the flood of people you intentionally cut out of your life for one reason or another, who were primed and ready for you to join FB, so they could instantly re-bond with you within 15 minutes of joining.

Which sins did you commit? 

1 minute ago, HankStrong said:

I'm curious as to what they could need at that location.  Within a year or so they will have all the space they could possibly use at the stadium.

Gift shop? Fan club bar?  Offices?  Ticket booth? 

I do have to ask what you've done to be banned.  I only used FB for a few weeks until I determined it was so full of textual sewage that I had to leave and never look back.  About 1/4 of the people I was connected to apparently are mentally deficient on social media.  Just flat-out idiots.  Cat pictures, food pictures, posts begging for validation, insane political statements that could be proved untrue in 5 seconds with a Google search, jumping on bizarre bandwagons, etc.  There was also the flood of people you intentionally cut out of your life for one reason or another, who were primed and ready for you to join FB, so they could instantly re-bond with you within 15 minutes of joining.

Which sins did you commit? 

My assumption is home bar.  Harry Buffalo/Church St in general sort of fill that space right now.  If they open their own and then have a march to the stadium, it adds another vertical.  I'm more intrigued about how they'll cooperate with their current sponsor bars.

--

We can take the other discussion to the Coffee House if you'd like, but I want to keep this on topic.