Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

I find it troubling that local business operators don't pay attention to local business news, especially when it directly impacts their own operation. :dunno:

The owners of the Improv are not in Orlando. The operator/manager of the Improv new that the building was to be auctioned, but had not been notified by Kuhn what his intentions were. I find it disheartening that Kuhn would go to the press with his intentions before letting the current business owners know anything.

Oh well, I guess it's not quite as shady as bulldozers at midnight, though.

I think it's funny that Kuhn is putting down 34MM for the property and says he is going to put another 10MM into renovations. So 20MM (might have been slightly less) of that is what he got from the city for building The Plaza. This is the same thing that people are griping about DeVos. Welfare for the rich. And everyone is claiming that Kuhn is a great guy for what he does.

The best would be a mid rise hotel + mall + a broadway permenant show + a bowling alley.

A mall would be a bad idea. As much as we want something like other major cities have, I just don't think it could compete with Florida Mall, Millenia and the outlets. Orlando just can't sustain another high-end mall with two already, one of which hasn't been the same since the new one opened.

Hmm, what to do with the displaced tenants? We could move them one or two blocks over to our newly completed building. Whats that place called? Oh yeah, The Plaza. Owned by, oh yeah Cameron Kuhn

I thought Unicorp owned the retail portion of the Plaza now..

he is going to do to church street what he did to the dead beat jaymont block....he is gonna make it great....i cant wait to hear his vision

Although the Premier Trade Plaza looks nice, it has yet to prove itself as a positive, successful addition to Downtown Orlando.....since nothing it open yet.

Of course, if they signed a new, more lucrative, lease I'm sure they could stay.

Might be a little bluff (even if it's true) on Kuhn's part.

I don't see him being able to tear anything even slightly historic down. The preservation board would be very hard to get around because it's rules are a little more subjective than some of the other reviewers.

Kuhn is smart he knows what he is doing, if the buildings can be torn down and he wants to do it, he knew he could before he put his bid in. You dont just fork over 34million dollars without a plan, and he has one, i guessing the building on the north side of church and south side that are historic looking will stay and the rest will all come down. But only he knows what he is doing and what he has planned for this area, which i am sure will be great, we just need to wait for him to let us know.

Soon I hope, I would love to discuss them. It depends on which plans are used. There are multiple proposals out there, all of which are very complex.

Let me ask you this - do any of the proposals excite you? Are we talking "epic" (to orlando, at least)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...