Church Street Station

downtowninvestor

its just as well, 55w is tall enough. it'd be nice not to impede Suntrust any more that it already is. at least from that angle. and having a midrise there will only make the density look more packed.

...yay! 100 posts! :yahoo:

congrads.

I drove by that exit just now, and if the hotel does go up, it is really going to look sharp-- you're right, the density will be given a huge boost right there.

congrads.

I drove by that exit just now, and if the hotel does go up, it is really going to look sharp-- you're right, the density will be given a huge boost right there.

Is there still an empty parking lot next to the Exchange, right in front of the old bus station. That would be a perfect spot for a new 55 floor Orlando Hyatt with a revolving restaurant on top! Yeah, right! :wacko:

I have no idea how you guys got onto I-Drive from the Church Street topic, but here's something to get back on track. Kuhn is possibly looking for retail tenants for a yet to be detailed Church Street project, and H&M is looking for it's first Orlando location, hummm......... :whistling:

Just a little something from your friend who brought you the 'Ikea story'.

I have no idea how you guys got onto I-Drive from the Church Street topic, but here's something to get back on track. Kuhn is possibly looking for retail tenants for a yet to be detailed Church Street project, and H&M is looking for it's first Orlando location, hummm......... :whistling:

What is H & M

Edited by FLKP

From what I can gather it's a hoity-toity, overpriced European clothing store.

Whoopee.

Didn't you mother ever teach you to think before you type. Its not expensive at all it's a really nice euro styled affordable clothing store. Often have jeans that look designer that cost about $40 dollars. Check out their website. Its like the Ikea of clothes they just don't fall apart after five washes.

Have people in this town never been to New York or London? H&M is a very cool -- and affordable -- clothes store. (Very popular with people under 40.) Like IKEA, it's a destination store that brings European, modern style to the masses, but only with fashion instead of furnishings. Having an H&M in our downtown would be huge. It'd bring people from all over, which is exactly what our downtown needs: destination retail.

h&m is one of my favorite stores i always make a point to visit in nyc or boston.

speaking of shopping in church street, i hope css becomes fantastic again! i used to love shopping there in college. unfortunately it was pretty dead during the day, but that made it like some sort of forbidden area of a ghost town where you could always find a good bargain. and the bloody marys at jungle jims had a full salad hanging off of the celery stalk.

Whoa.

My wife is going to flip when she hears this. She loves H&M.

When we were in Amsterdam, she spent a long time in there, and a lot of money. But, even with the piss-poor exchange rate, it was still cheaper than most retailers here in the states for comparable clothing. H&M is a great store.

Didn't you mother ever teach you to think before you type. Its not expensive at all it's a really nice euro styled affordable clothing store. Often have jeans that look designer that cost about $40 dollars. Check out their website. Its like the Ikea of clothes they just don't fall apart after five washes.

H & M is probably the most popular clothing store in the world right now, that would be huge for Orlando to score that, especially downtown!!! Where did you get that info?? I am a huge retail fan and I'm about to have a stroke reading about this.....!!!!

Well, since you're getting into rumors about CSS, I have heard through the grapevine that the Improv may have a possibility of taking the space that is CP.

What is CP?

An H&M would be great anywhere in the City. But i see them going to Millenia over downtown. Look where they are now in America. Shopping districts.

What is CP?

An H&M would be great anywhere in the City. But i see them going to Millenia over downtown. Look where they are now in America. Shopping districts.

that's exactly what i was thinking over coffee this morning, dreaming of a shopping district in downtown orlando. why can't this be a reality like every other major city? instead we have 10 malls within 30-minute hops from one another. i know the suburbs are where the people are, but i have to hope that eventually some big-name businesses will believe in downtown. i guess not until we have the critical mass actually living here :-(

Edited by slapdash09

H&M is like twenty one in Millenia Mall or a cheaper version of Zara. You paid 10 to 15 bucks for a nice looking clothing that can only wear 2 or 3 times. It will either shrink or fade because the material they used are rather thin. H&M is gay men fav.

H&M is like twenty one in Millenia Mall or a cheaper version of Zara.

Great description of H&M. I would see them going in Millenia also. Don't know if they do stand alone stores, but I could also see them being built in an outparcel of Millenia, like Old Navy, if they couldn't find space in the mall. Millenia seems to be doing pretty well with its occupancy levels. Even the areas next to the anchors have tenants which is usually where the most vacancies are in malls or where they stick the wierd little privately owned stores and "Christmas shops." Can you believe that huge A & F went in right next to Bloomingdale's. Oh, met some Tampa people a couple of weeks ago, and got in to a retail discussion with them (poor Tampa, they try so hard) but they were dissing Orlando because we don't have a store called "Ruehl." So I had to check it out, store is no big deal, just another store to wear a name across your t-shirt, instead of Abercrombie or Hollister, you can have a t-shirt that says "Ruehl." They sure are touchy about Bloomingdale's, don't ever bring that up in a discussion, or about the "real" Macy's at Millenia. The claim is the Citrus Park Macy's (Burdines conversion) is a "real" Macy's, it is a nice store but is more like the Florida Mall Macy's, they carry a larger selection of colognes and shoes.

I was thinking since Jacobson's in Winter Park is now locally owned, maybe downtown Orlando could use Jacobson's as a retail "anchor" and maybe some other shops would follow, between Jacobson's and the new movie theaters, or a Pier One or Borders or Barnes and Noble. Remember when Church Street Market first opened there was a "Limited Express" there that was one of the few locations that had mens wear, before Structure was started. So there should be more hope for downtown retail now than there was 20 years ago, you would think??!!

you're rep is secure with me... I guess downtown is getting an H&M if negos go well.

that's exactly what i was thinking over coffee this morning, dreaming of a shopping district in downtown orlando. why can't this be a reality like every other major city? instead we have 10 malls within 30-minute hops from one another. i know the suburbs are where the people are, but i have to hope that eventually some big-name businesses will believe in downtown. i guess not until we have the critical mass actually living here :-(

I was recently reminded of all the mall retailer that were at the Church St. Market before it went belly up...

if we did it once I think we can do it again and then some.

seriously though, I think once the cinema opens and Dexters and Marble open up, it will get things going.

H & M is probably the most popular clothing store in the world right now, that would be huge for Orlando to score that, especially downtown!!! Where did you get that info?? I am a huge retail fan and I'm about to have a stroke reading about this.....!!!!

Too bad it's not an S & M store. Now THAT would be interesting! :whistling: Huh? Huh? (Fozzie wiggles his ears)

Sorry. My attempt at humor.

Edited by radiostatic102

What is CP?

i think lost in all this discussion is the original thought that kuhn sounds like he may be wanting to bring a little millinia flavor to CSS. Sure H&M would go well in Millinia, but it would also go a long way to lure higher end tenants to kuhns new place if he was to bag them.

i think lost in all this discussion is the original thought that kuhn sounds like he may be wanting to bring a little millinia flavor to CSS. Sure H&M would go well in Millinia, but it would also go a long way to lure higher end tenants to kuhns new place if he was to bag them.

I don't post that often, but I am a bit of an amateur expert on H&M locations and couldn't resist -- in DC, they opened their area flagship store in a long-defunct department store site that anchors a downtown shopping district still in a very very slow retail revitalization process -- so it seems like they certainly have a business model for supposedly risky downtown locations. Granted, the DC site had tons of amenities (on top of a Metro station, etc.) and greater population density in surrounding residential neighborhoods, but I think, I hope, I really hope that this bodes well for getting a branch downtown. People go Ikea-style insane when these stores first open, it would be an awesome asset for downtown.