Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nostyle

What Building?

12 posts in this topic

Hey all. Quick question for you guys. I was just in Atlanta this past weekend and I was curious to find out the name of a building I saw in downtown. The building is a huge brown windowless structure taking up a whole city block, bound by Williams, Baker, and Spring. What building is this?

Thanks!

That building is part of the Americasmart complex which covers 3 additional blocks. Conference & retail show rooms.

Seemed like a very unfriendly building. Is there more than meets the eye?

Seemed like a very unfriendly building. Is there more than meets the eye?

I just looked it up so now I have a feel for what it's all about. Apparently it's expanding too. That leads me to believe that the complex is still doing quite well, even though it appears to be an outdated structure. Is that accurate?

I just looked it up so now I have a feel for what it's all about. Apparently it's expanding too. That leads me to believe that the complex is still doing quite well, even though it appears to be an outdated structure. Is that accurate?

WOW. Now I'm not an atlanta expert, but couldn't some of that 'waiting list' use the world congress center? That's not too far away.

WOW. Now I'm not an atlanta expert, but couldn't some of that 'waiting list' use the world congress center? That's not too far away.

Does anyone have an idea to what the expansion will look like?

There is a reason why the Ameiricas Mart has no windows. Its to prevent the sun from fading the dispalys and allows the retailer to play with artificial light to better create the desired effect. The Merchandise Mart in Chicago has all the windows covered up for that same reason. I do wish it was more pleasing to the eye, but it serves its purpose and eventually it will be surrounded by nicer looking buildings and it want stick out as much.

There is a reason why the Ameiricas Mart has no windows. Its to prevent the sun from fading the dispalys and allows the retailer to play with artificial light to better create the desired effect. The Merchandise Mart in Chicago has all the windows covered up for that same reason. I do wish it was more pleasing to the eye, but it serves its purpose and eventually it will be surrounded by nicer looking buildings and it want stick out as much.